electrical system upgrade help please

luvlows

CarAudio.com Newbie
usa
I am goin to put a sysyem in a 2017 kia optima , Its going to consist of 2 xfl 10s , and ampere audio aa 2000.1 , a ct sounds 80.4 for components and a dayton dsp. i want to upgrade my electrical so i dont have any issues , its a daily driver , i wont be giving demos out or competing for numbers. I just want to make sure it stays dependable and i dont fry my amp. The car has a factory 150 amp alt. Would upgrading the alt be enough or ad extra battery , lithium bank . Ive read so much **** im confused. thanks in advance. i wanted to add big 3 is done

I just finished the bare minimum electrical upgrades in mine. I definitely can give you some pointers.

I would just add the battery for the time being. It is the cheaper and easier add on. After settling in to your listening habits, you can make an informed decision. Big 3 is very important, so you are set on that end.
thats what i was thinking, but the more i read the more there are 7000 different opions.

I’d start with the biggest agm you can fit and big 3/4 and go from there. I used to run non efficient crap that put out 2400 rms clamped on a yellow top, big 3 and stock 150 amp alt. Never had issues but I never played full tilt for all that long.

I’d start with the biggest agm you can fit and big 3/4 and go from there. I used to run non efficient crap that put out 2400 rms clamped on a yellow top, big 3 and stock 150 amp alt. Never had issues but I never played full tilt for all that long.
I have agm under hood now , and big 3 . I got a quote for a 300 amp alt for around 500.00. i think upgrading alt would be better than spending 400 for a another rear agm. if i end up needing an upgrade i think that may be best route

I have agm under hood now , and big 3 . I got a quote for a 300 amp alt for around 500.00. i think upgrading alt would be better than spending 400 for a another rear agm. if i end up needing an upgrade i think that may be best route

Get an alternator from a legitimate company. A Mechman should cost you around $500. Then, go lithium if that isn't enough.

I run a scv 4k with big 3, mechman 370, and 2 xs power d3400's. It honestly overkill. I might be alone here but I've found it to be better to do a front battery delete, then put in the biggest agm you can right next to the amp. This gives the amp the shortest run possible and makes it so that your power wire coming from the front only needs to be sized to what your alternator is outputting. This can make what was a 0 guage run into a 4 guage run. In your case, you can probably get away with 4 guage ofc if you do a front battery delete. Additionally you will have the ability to easily add more batteries. If you want, ill send you pics of how I did it.

I run a scv 4k with big 3, mechman 370, and 2 xs power d3400's. It honestly overkill. I might be alone here but I've found it to be better to do a front battery delete, then put in the biggest agm you can right next to the amp. This gives the amp the shortest run possible and makes it so that your power wire coming from the front only needs to be sized to what your alternator is outputting. This can make what was a 0 guage run into a 4 guage run. In your case, you can probably get away with 4 guage ofc if you do a front battery delete. Additionally you will have the ability to easily add more batteries. If you want, ill send you pics of how I did it.

So, why not just switch to lithium? Just saying!

The OP can go big AGM and big 3/4 and be fine. It's only 2,000 watts.

So, why not just switch to lithium? Just saying!
For a build as small as mine i don't find lithium to be necessary. The right alt and a single d3400 could run my system with no problems. Not to say that lithium isn't better in every way, its just too expensive to justify in most cases. My competition SPL rig has a front battery delete with 140AH of lithium but that system is clamping 10k.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.