electrical problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bryce-man
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have a 2001 ford ranger and a PA3000DB and 2 DC level 4 12s and i did the big 3

ill be driving around and ill stop somewhere, get out and come back and everything in my truck would be reset( that only happens when i take off the batt. or if it dies) but ill stick my key in and itll start up just fine

why would my batt be dieing when i get out and why after that would it start right back up?

Meaning the HU resets? If so it sounds like the 12v constant wire off the HU isn't connected to a constant 12v source like it should be. So your HU loses memory/power when you shut the vehicle off. Check the manual for proper wiring of both 12v wires...

lol .. i got broken into and they took my manual cause its in a leather case.. but they left all my audio stuff haha

it doesnt hppen evey time.. mabey half the time or less

but ill still check the remote wires for the stock headunit.. even though i didnt touch em

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.