Electrical needed .5 ohm

the two trays for 99-06 afaik are one in front of the driver side electrical box, and two on the passenger side by the firewall behind the coolant.
I will have to take a look, if that's the case then it's a no brainer to add a 2nd battery and big 3. Easy upgrade for much improved electrical.

I will have to take a look, if that's the case then it's a no brainer to add a 2nd battery and big 3. Easy upgrade for much improved electrical.
yep, that's what i have. two AGM's up front and a HO alternator. it wont have the tray in there, you have to buy it from gm and sometimes you'll have to pull out a stock stray for the battery one

efans take a **** ton of power to run. That's why the alt size was increased in the 05+ vehicles. If you're dropping to battery voltage (12s) you really need to get a HO alt, it will only be so long before an overdriven stock alt gives out and it's also hard on your batteries to be doing that. Or you could get a $200 dual bracket from Jimmy Z on Facebook and put a second stock alt on there. I've got one more dual alt bracket I can sell but they aren't as cheap; they are a better quality one with the belt and excitation harness included though

Also as mentioned before you can fit 2 g34/78 size batteries in those trucks. I want to add a second in mine at some point. Also pretty sure there's a GM part to add a third battery underneath in a tray on a frame rail. Haven't seen anyone actually do it on this forum but I believe some guys on GM forums have done it

efans take a **** ton of power to run. That's why the alt size was increased in the 05+ vehicles. If you're dropping to battery voltage (12s) you really need to get a HO alt, it will only be so long before an overdriven stock alt gives out and it's also hard on your batteries to be doing that. Or you could get a $200 dual bracket from Jimmy Z on Facebook and put a second stock alt on there. I've got one more dual alt bracket I can sell but they aren't as cheap; they are a better quality one with the belt and excitation harness included though
Also as mentioned before you can fit 2 g34/78 size batteries in those trucks. I want to add a second in mine at some point. Also pretty sure there's a GM part to add a third battery underneath in a tray on a frame rail. Haven't seen anyone actually do it on this forum but I believe some guys on GM forums have done it
Good to know, I'm going to add the 2nd battery and see where we're at. Might just put it back to 2ohm and call it a day.

I got the two 8's, SQ 1200 and wiring for my buddy as a birthday gift and I've got more into already than I really wanted to. I couldn't pass up the deal I got from MrFoca though on the subs an amp was a great price too.

He doesn't understand the importance of proper electrical so I have to guide and convince him to spend money.. it's a recipe for disaster running @.5 so it's likely not a good idea.

I only decided to run .5 on this amp after everyone on the soundqubed page said they run theirs on stock electrical and single agm with no problems/drop. I don't see how, the amp doesn't seem very efficient in comparison to others I've ran.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.