Ear ringing even at low volume

razorblade

CarAudio.com Newbie
Europe
Hi everyone,

This is me again. Unfortunately, now even when listening to very low volume in the car, my ears start ringing more intensely within a minute of being in the car. I don't know if it's just me or the system setup. I have a little tinnitus in the background, but right now I don't feel safe in the car with my radio on at any level anymore. I'm affraid of it worsening as I hear the ringing increase. What do I do?

I really miss the music, but I don't want to worsen my ears at all cost. Is it not my settings? I recently let someone reconfigure my car radio settings. It seemed good at first, but now I don't know anymore.

Thanks a lot for helping me

Hi everyone,

This is me again. Unfortunately, now even when listening to very low volume in the car, my ears start ringing more intensely within a minute of being in the car. I don't know if it's just me or the system setup. I have a little tinnitus in the background, but right now I don't feel safe in the car with my radio on at any level anymore. I'm affraid of it worsening as I hear the ringing increase. What do I do?

I really miss the music, but I don't want to worsen my ears at all cost. Is it not my settings? I recently let someone reconfigure my car radio settings. It seemed good at first, but now I don't know anymore.

An internet forum is not the place to figure this out.
Get your butt to an audiologist stat.

Hi everyone,

Do you have any allergy problems or any chronic illnesses related to your immune system or neurological system?

I've had extremely bad tinnitus since I was about 14, and tinnitus isn't always what you might think it is. There's several different issues that affect the ear, jaw, nervous system, etc., that can lead to tinnitus. Hearing damage can lead to tinnitus, but sometimes tinnitus has nothing to with your ear whatsoever. The part of the brain that processes sound is not in the ear, so you can get electrical leakage into the sound signal processing part of the brain that sounds like tinnitus, just like your RCA cables can get noise into your speaker amp if they're un-shielded and next to a high current power wire.

I would go to a doctor and not take a single word of what they say as facts, and research what they say, and see what you can conclude for yourself.

Do you have any allergy problems or any chronic illnesses related to your immune system or neurological system?

I've had extremely bad tinnitus since I was about 14, and tinnitus isn't always what you might think it is. There's several different issues that affect the ear, jaw, nervous system, etc., that can lead to tinnitus. Hearing damage can lead to tinnitus, but sometimes tinnitus has nothing to with your ear whatsoever. The part of the brain that processes sound is not in the ear, so you can get electrical leakage into the sound signal processing part of the brain that sounds like tinnitus, just like your RCA cables can get noise into your speaker amp if they're un-shielded and next to a high current power wire.

I would go to a doctor and not take a single word of what they say as facts, and research what they say, and see what you can conclude for yourself.

I'm supposed to be 50-70% deaf because of all of the ear infections I've had, and luckily I have freakishly good hearing (usually). I've had something like 24-48 ear infections, before my ears just basically developed a disease of some sort where they're always hurting (inner ear issues). My knowledge of this subject comes from having ear infections my entire life, very severe ones.

Thank you for replying. Yes, I am seeing a doctor for this, but the odd thing is that I don't really have this ear hurt anywhere else than in my car with my music on. Music in my home is not giving such response to me. That's why I came here, because I really have the feeling that there must be some setting wrong in my subwoofer settings or something.

I tried many things. I now use crossover with subwoofer low pass filter at 80hz and front speaker high pass filter at 80hz. EQ at subw +5, bass +3, mid +2, tre +1. I tried phase reverse. Low volume (but I would want any noticeable bass at least of course).

The car is really small and it seems to put much air pressure to my ears with the music on.

I really really want to use the subwoofer, but if it really really can't work for me, I would have to drive without music unfortunately, not to worsen my ears

Thank you for replying. Yes, I am seeing a doctor for this, but the odd thing is that I don't really have this ear hurt anywhere else than in my car with my music on. Music in my home is not giving such response to me. That's why I came here, because I really have the feeling that there must be some setting wrong in my subwoofer settings or something.

I tried many things. I now use crossover with subwoofer low pass filter at 80hz and front speaker high pass filter at 80hz. EQ at subw +5, bass +3, mid +2, tre +1. I tried phase reverse. Low volume (but I would want any noticeable bass at least of course).

The car is really small and it seems to put much air pressure to my ears with the music on.

I really really want to use the subwoofer, but if it really really can't work for me, I would have to drive without music unfortunately, not to worsen my ears

Is it the pressure from the subwoofer bass that hurts your ears?

I think it is, vecause when I remove my car radio front, I don't have the problem. Though I have to say that there's quite some noise in my opinion. I could measure 50 / 60DB on the highway without music. Add music to it, you have to make effort to make it play nicely below 70db.

There’s more to this picture than we are getting. Your sub creates sound waves, it doesn’t pressurize the interior like a balloon being inflated.
There are umpteen things that can cause what you’re describing, and none of here can diagnose it for you. This isn’t a voltage drop across a diode, or an improperly sized box. It’s a medical issue.

Ignore Buck and listen to the doctors. Get a second opinion if it makes you feel better. Don’t t risk permanent damage or MORE damage. It just ain’t worth it.

And ignore the guys having a pissing match outside of Thunderdome.

Agreed. As a person who has hearing issues. Make time, see a doctor who specializes in hearing. My hearing problem could have killed me. I had cellular growth around all the bones in my right inner ear. If it wasn't removed it could have frown through the skull from the inner ear as that part of the skull is very thin. I could have got meningitis and died. Don't play with your ears.

Agreed. As a person who has hearing issues. Make time, see a doctor who specializes in hearing. My hearing problem could have killed me. I had cellular growth around all the bones in my right inner ear. If it wasn't removed it could have frown through the skull from the inner ear as that part of the skull is very thin. I could have got meningitis and died. Don't play with your ears.
Atticotomy, or worse?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...