Durango build (BTL18, Z1, SS, Eclipse, dual alts etc...)

Yay... my thread works again!

I got this all "finished up" and hit a competition tonight. Put up a 148.8 over and over again. from 2800-4700 watts it didn't matter, I got the same 148.8 every time... Box is 7.25ft^3 net and is tuned to about 34hz, didn't have time to switch to the 38hx tune like I wanted to. 1st place in Basic 4, second place in Advanced No Wall and 2nd place in Local 3. That was just drop in, no time to test or anything at all, brand new subwoofer, box needs some work still. I guarantee a 150dB is within reach rather easily. The port baffle was leaking pretty good because I didn't have time to make any kind of seal so it was just would on wood, 28.5" x 8.5" held in with 8 drywall screw because that is what was on hand at the competition when I was finishing the install.

I found it weird that almost 3Kw difference in power made NO difference what so ever on the meter.... any ideas?

Also, picked up some rims today, nothing huge, just some 20"s with Kumhos for $400, I have the center caps, just aren't on in the picture...

Getting ready to head up to the shop so they can carpet my box and install a new (better) alarm system. Yes, I could carpet it myself but I don't want to...

Not much left to do. I plan to buy or make a nice thick (1/4"+) or so gasket for the port baffle and I am going to put some studs (probably 1/4" x 3" bolts) coming out of the box to hold the port baffle. Also going to do some 45*s in the corners and resin the inside, I am sure some sound deadener is in my future as well, **** was flexing quite a bit. Don't know if I ever mentioned I was peaking at like 36hz or so...

I also changed things up a little on the wiring. Instead of doing my grounds to the frame I did two runs to the front battery to the rears and then one short run from the rears to the frame. Also did a short run from the front to the frame and then of course a couple from the engine block to the frame. I never dipped below 14.3 at full tilt for 30 seconds straight! Gotta love overkill on the electrical!

Lastly, I blew up my buddies junk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif After the show I gave the dude $5 to let me meter his Jeep (BB1400.1 and a MOFO 15") and that ***** cooked in like 10 seconds on about 1200 watts during an 80hz-30hz sweep. Tried convincing him to get a decent sub but there is no convincing some people when they see "3000 watt subwoofer for only $150".... It's still under warranty (only about a week of use on it) but still a POS. For $50~ more he could have had a nice sub but he's a dumb ass...

LOVE your box setup! cant wait to see this setup improve! Str8 SICKNESS!
Thanks! I am about 1/2" below the window line, I had one guy "contest" saying it was above the window line and therefore a "wall". He was wrong obviously, that is the reason I ended up with 7.25ft^ net instead of the 8.5ft^3 I planned. I am happy with it though! I see 150's easily in my very near future! Also made me feel pretty good is that Steve (the guy who runs the Midwest SPL shows) told me it was one of the nicest battery installs he has ever seen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.