4 DP21 4th Order Build

rmzsuzuki89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
St. Pete, FL
Have been planning this for a lil while now. Being busy with school and what not, it has been a long time coming. I finally started the other day though.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just a heads up: Being in college full time, with a ton of papers coming up soon, this will not be a fast build. Just gonna work on it when I can between class, gf, and other things until its done.

What's going in:

4 DP21"s

4 SAZ-3000d's (new heat sinks)

Maxx-Link

200+ ft. Tsunami Competition 1/0 (5+ 5- runs back)

9 Deka 9a31's (1 up front, 8 in back)

1 DC Power 270 amp alt (for now)

4th order designed by iamamp3pimp

Other misc. things

All in an '03 Expedition XLT

Big thanks to Robin for the design. Since this will be my first big 4th (2nd ever), I'm glad he could help me out with it.

Pics uploading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gutting process. And my dad getting the golf cart ready for a sub lol.

2dwdytf.jpg

I'll be so happy to get that rats nest cleaned up.

rhkeh4.jpg

Bolting down to where the seats were bolted down to.

n3t3cm.jpg

1zbcp01.jpg

15yt4xs.jpg

Crimping my old 1/0 for redoing my big 3.

vcriw.jpg

rmv2fl.jpg

I love my new crimpers so much that I decided to hack saw a terminal in half to see how it looks (this one was actually not a very good one compared to my new ring terminals and after having some experience). Ended up hitting my thumb and slicing half way up my thumb nail lol...And sorry, the pic's crappy. But it looks like a solid chunk of copper that's fused together. Hydrolic crimpers ftw.

2jer6vt.jpg

Deka up front.

16riok.jpg

efrf4.jpg

Test fit for the buss bars on the back battery bank. I kinda just wanted to see how they looked back there too. They will be in a box with a cover when finished.

2i23ehy.jpg

sqplxs.jpg

2wq7iix.jpg

2zpi8ld.jpg

15cbvd4.jpg

Thanks to wgsj_fortvalley/PeachtreeCustomz for the front and back buss bars.

upgrading suspension?
Waiting to see. With all the batteries back there it's taking it like a champ. There has been maybe a 1/4" sag, and I'm not even exaggerating lol. I think the rear is beefed up a lil for towing heavy trailers. I was gonna use it to tow my race trailer.

Wire

14aj6sh.jpg

First two runs back, 8 more to go.

wat1j6.jpg

34srmns.jpg

I've had my old power wire ran under like that for over a year now with no problems. No drilling through the firewall and stuffing it under carpet ftw.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.