Durango build (BTL18, Z1, SS, Eclipse, dual alts etc...)

Also... there has been a slight change in plans sadly... my window line is 18", and the bellmouth on the 12" port is 16", and if the sub is above the window line that puts me in the "wall" class, so I am going to have to run 6" or 8" ports instead and I think I will end up with about 7-7.5 ft^3 instead of the 8.5ft^3 I had originally planned. I have been working with some pretty serious SPL competitors and, well, to be honest, I am listening to everything they say as one of them is hitting like 153+ in his trunk with a single 15" and like 3Kw so I think he knows his **** pretty well...

got the under hood bussbars pretty much done... I have to have a buddy weld a tab on them so I can actually screw them to the battery but that is pretty much exactly how they will sit when finished, just raised up like 1/4" or so. Also, that extra will not be hanging over, that is going to be cut off and used as the tabs for mounting, I am just going to let him do all of that because I am doing other stuff...

I hate that knu 1/0 wire, **** is like pullin romex
really? I have never had an issue with it. In all honesty though, I do leave it in the sun for a while before i work with it. that jacket does get stiff as fawk when it is cold but so does all wire... Not the best stuff but for the price, I love it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Automotive Electronics up here in Cedar Rapids...
Ah, cool. I'm in Cedar Rapids for a couple more weeks. Wish I had my new Escape finished so I could compete and see what I'll do on the TL but sit ain't anywhere near done. I'll still probably try and come down and check it out.

Got my power runs done today and installed a system in my buddies Jeep (MOFO 15" and a BB1400.1) the thing actually slams pretty dang good! impressive for a $150 subwoofer in my opinion. we played a 25hz tone and we thought that thing was going to shake apart. It is in my old cadillac box, 4.5ft^3 @ 40hz sub/port back.

ANYWAYS, on with my build...

got the dual alternator kit all on and what not... Beusings Iowa Generator went ahead and check it out for me while I was down there and I was getting about 225A at engine idle (700rpm) with the pair //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Only "problem" is my O.G. alt. has a 6-groove pulley and the dodge has a 7-groove setup, I ordered a new pulley but it won't be here in time for the comp. on friday so I just put a 6-rib belt on it for now, it's working fine so far. Also for some reason they cut my bracket out of 1/8" and not 1/4" like they where suppose to but it is working OK, has a small amount of "wobble" to it but nothing major. It will get me by until after the comp. at least, then I will worry about it. Box is obviously not done, I have to put the second baffle on top and it will be a flush mount setup and cut a hole for the aero ports baffle. The box ended up being 7.3ft^3 net which is fine for me, I had to keep it under the window line and everything so I didn't have a tone of choice.

3 - 6" aeros mounted on a removable baffle for easy change out. As shown they are around 38hz~, I have some small center pieces to add for a 33hz~ tune as well...

my box ended up a tad bigger than expected because I planned to use 1" MDF but no one around here has it so I was stuck with .75", I am right at 7.25ft^3 with 85"^2~ port area....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.