DSP mono output

Participant count
  • Participant list

NWAudiophile

CarAudio.com Newbie
Could I use, say, a Helix DSP.2 to output monophonic from a 2-channel digital input? If so, could I then configured it thus:

1 - L and R tweeters

2 - L and R midranges

3 - L woofer

4 - R woofer

I'm completely deaf in my left ear, and stereo in a car causes me problems I don't experience with home audio because of the speaker locations.

What exactly are you trying to do? Your post makes little sense.
I believe the answers to my questions are (1) yes, a DSP can combine left and right channels into monophonic, and (2), no, two speakers cannot share an amplifier channel. Is that correct? If so, then for a three-way system I will still need a six-channel amplifier, the signals will simply be the same for each left-right pair.

I believe the answers to my questions are (1) yes, a DSP can combine left and right channels into monophonic, and (2), no, two speakers cannot share an amplifier channel. Is that correct? If so, then for a three-way system I will still need a six-channel amplifier, the signals will simply be the same for each left-right pair.
If you read my reply before i get done editing, i was thinking of another thread.

If you mean two speakers cant share the INPUT on the amp from two channels, that would be "correct". However, you dont need a DSP to do this, just run the speakers mono on the output, assuming your amp and speakers can handle it. Wire your amp inputs normal (stereo) and output bridged (mono).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you read my reply before i get done editing, i was thinking of another thread.

If you mean two speakers cant share the INPUT on the amp from two channels, that would be "correct". However, you dont need a DSP to do this, just run the speakers mono on the output, assuming your amp and speakers can handle it. Wire your amp inputs normal (stereo) and output bridged (mono).
I was just being dumb: I was hoping to use, say, Channel 1 (DSP output, amp input and output) for both tweeters, but you can't do that properly.

Do you have the DSP? If not, dont buy one cause you dont need it. Like i said, use stereo on the amp input and mono/bridged on the output. This will sum both channels to one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.