Dsp 408 sub configuration

Participant count
  • Participant list

JulesH
10+ year member

VA
For those with a dsp, how do you set it up with a single mono sub? My amp has the 2 rca inputs. Should I use 2 channels on the dsp to go to the 2 amp inputs? Or some type of splitter? The whole mono thing is confusing to me.

For those with a dsp, how do you set it up with a single mono sub? My amp has the 2 rca inputs. Should I use 2 channels on the dsp to go to the 2 amp inputs? Or some type of splitter? The whole mono thing is confusing to me.
Use both RCAs to your amp and link the two channels on your Dsp.

How do you like that 408? Are you getting any hissing or other noise from it? I heard people have problems with that.

Use both RCAs to your amp and link the two channels on your Dsp.

How do you like that 408? Are you getting any hissing or other noise from it? I heard people have problems with that.
Thanks for the reply.
I dont have any noise but it is a common problem in the forums. As a last resort some people have used an inverter and the ac adaptor. My electrical is squared away, grounded at the battery, power and signal wires on opposite sides... but even with all of that some still have noise with the dayton.

Thanks for the reply.
I dont have any noise but it is a common problem in the forums. As a last resort some people have used an inverter and the ac adaptor. My electrical is squared away, grounded at the battery, power and signal wires on opposite sides... but even with all of that some still have noise with the dayton.
How are they when it comes to sending the unit in for repair/change have you heard? I sent back an amp that was hissing to Sundown. They sent me a new one and no noise.

How are they when it comes to sending the unit in for repair/change have you heard? I sent back an amp that was hissing to Sundown. They sent me a new one and no noise.
No idea, sorry. Mine works fine. I think the noise is a design issue that affects some cars.

Dayton has a pretty good reputation as does Parts-Express even with RMA's from what I am told.
Parts Express is a pain in the ass if your shipping outside of the US.
They don't assign a broker for the shipment so its up to you to arrange everything.
It never used to be like that but I ordered some carpet and vinyl wrap in December and it took a month to get it because of the broker issue.
Unfortunately for those of us that do not live in the US its one of the only places to get some materials.
I'm hoping its a Covid thing and it changes when and if we ever get back to some kind of normal.

So a heads up, most of the issues with the dayton 408 in my research resulted from using the external volume know with the dsp. It was a known issue, and dayton has stopped producing them. Just use the volume knob with your amp instead.

So a heads up, most of the issues with the dayton 408 in my research resulted from using the external volume know with the dsp. It was a known issue, and dayton has stopped producing them. Just use the volume knob with your amp instead.
Thanks for the info. I was wondering why I can’t find the remote for sale. That’s a bummer. I need to be able to switch presets quickly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.