Dream Setup for a Daily

Bobbytwonames
5,000+ posts

Trigger Man!
Vegas
Just trying to get people talking/typing. What would your dream setup for a daily be. Let's make them legit and somewhat attainable. I know everybody's financial situation is different. So, let's put a budget of $5k. Remember, this is a daily.

$5k would cover the subwoofers but that's it.

Even for a daily? Seems like you could go pretty big for 5k. 2-18's in an SUV on 12k, 4-8's, 4-6.5's, 4 tweets. O.k., so, let's switch it up to 10 k. I understand install price is the variable that is uncontrollable (fiberglass and enclosures). Basically, just the system equipment.

Yeah for daily. My 2010 was a walled daily for many years until I got my 2016. $5k ish for everything in it and daily drove it with broken windshields to work every day.

My next loud setup was going to be 24 15s in an F350 walk through but I decided to invest the money instead. I might do it this year. But 24 Orion XTR pro 15s on a Taramps HV160k on 24 batteries in series.

Yeah for daily. My 2010 was a walled daily for many years until I got my 2016. $5k ish for everything in it and daily drove it with broken windshields to work every day.

My next loud setup was going to be 24 15s in an F350 walk through but I decided to invest the money instead. I might do it this year. But 24 Orion XTR pro 15s on a Taramps HV160k on 24 batteries in series.

Come on man, you can't be serious. I mean something like to run around town in. With your girlfriend or wife. Not, some big ass competition thing.

CSS SDX12 XBL2 has intrigued me since I ran across them. they arent The most expensive sub on the market, but they are out of my budget for now. Would love to try a couple of these. Maybe some morel components running active. If I were to spend that amount of money on my daily driver, I’d likely spend a few weeks looking, and my mind would change numerous times. So many good things to choose from.

One 15" Fi Delta on Sundown SFB 8k.
I don't see me having space for anything else if I want to keep everything in the trunk or under the seats, which I do.

I'm prbly around $5k after mids and highs.

Lol, reality has me looking for a sub/amp combo for around $500...lol.
All my research into an optimal setup and it comes down to settling for much less. smh

Last edited:
One 15" Fi Delta on Sundown SFB 8k.
I don't see me having space for anything else if I want to keep everything in the trunk or under the seats, which I do.

I'm prbly around $5k after mids and highs.

Lol, reality has me looking for a sub/amp combo for around $500...lol.
All my research into an optimal setup and it comes down to settling for much less. smh

I'm running a single 15" American Bass HD15D2 on a Taramps MD3000.1 one ohm version. Cost around $530. I love it. Still breaking it in and adjusting things.

I'm running a single 15" American Bass HD15D2 on a Taramps MD3000.1 one ohm version. Cost around $530. I love it. Still breaking it in and adjusting things.
I was reexaming those amps this morning and decided thats the exact amp i need to go with.

Do you have yours mounted in the trunk?

I was reexaming those amps this morning and decided thats the exact amp i need to go with.

Do you have yours mounted in the trunk?

Sorry for the sideways pic. That is the MD3000.1 mounted where the back seat used to be. Literally, a 3 foot run to the battery and 4 feet to the sub. I've also got a DS800X4 (midbass and midrange) and a DS250X2 (tweeters).
20191225_200226.jpg

Sorry for the sideways pic. That is the MD3000.1 mounted where the back seat used to be. Literally, a 3 foot run to the battery and 4 feet to the sub. I've also got a DS800X4 (midbass and midrange) and a DS250X2 (tweeters).
View attachment 19547
Id love to see a pic that was backed up a bit so i could see where stuff is in reference to the front seats. Is that 15 on the floor behind the front seats?

Thats pretty cool! I like the rack on top so you can still move crap around for real life if you need to.

What is external dimensions on the sub box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.