door panel

Participant count
  • Participant list

gunny86
10+ year member

wi
does anyone know how i can remove the door panel on my 90 accord? i have

ALL the screws out but the only prob is that the trim thing around the lock switch and handle wont come off. how do i get it off? this is the front passenger side door. thanks alot

There should be one screw in that little cup. Remove it (of course). Then pull the lever that opens the door. It's easier to remove these if it's open. Then grab it and work it out......Pull. You may need to get it started around the edge with a pick tool or panel puller. If you have to use a screwdriver, please be careful.

hope that helps....good luck

yeah i read it and i have pulled hard but if i do it anymore i think it could break so... and if i look behind the panel i see that the inside handle is connected to somthing like a metal rod, so i was thinking maybe i have to disconect that first. thanks

you definately dont want to disconnect your door handle. It could be HARD putting it back on. I had the same problem w/ my truck. I was afraid of pulling too hard and then my dad jsut pulled it really hard and the sucker popped right off. Try it. Matt.

So long as u are sure all of the screws are out of the panel give it a good pull. It will come out I guarantee!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.