do you really need speakers?

Alpine4life
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i have all my system set up almost rready to be installed but i am missing speakers...Now i have a nice little amp that would power speakers but i dont have to money right now to buy speaker...i cant get components bc i dont want to drill or make any marks in my car...now if i have factory speakers and i wanna crank my system to full blast will i blow out the factory speakers in my honda bc too much power is going into them or do they jus go as high as they can and jus dont take any more power..please help

just don't hook your stock speakers up to the amp and let it run from the headunit, easy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yea but even if i dont hook up my my speakers to the amp i cant turn my deck up all the way or the factory speakers will blow...and that means my subs wont get as loud as they can bc i cant turn it up loud

You have subs?

Then yes, running speakers off your head unit generally isn't a good idea unless all you want to hear is your subs. Your stock speakers won't be able to keep up. You'd have to turn down your subs to work with your stock speakers. If I were in your situation I would have done it the other way, gotten an amp for my speakers and bought some speakers with some bass Audiobahn ACX's or something. This would have given you some lows and still have better sound quality than a stock speaker/sub combo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.