Do i really need this to make a difference?

civic2004
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA
I have had my setup for a while now and I think there may be a serious problem with it. Yesterday i met a guy that just had a eclipse titanium sub (not the pro) 15" and it was nice and clear and LOUD. Mine is the titanium pro and doesnt sound andthing like that at all. It gets kinda loud you can feel and hear it but its not that breathe taking loud thats like WOW and pounds the crap outta you.(ya no what i mean)

I only have : (2) fosgate 1001bd amps, (2) 1 farad caps, Alpine headunit, and that big a don't no how many amp fuse under the hood. and the sub of course.

So finally my question is does what i have commonly heard of as The Big 3, deep cycly battery, bigger Alt., and anything i may of left out make a noticable differencce?

My other concern is that it may also be the box. It is only in a 2 cubic foot sealed box.

(open to sugestions on that too lol) But lets say it was in the right box would any of those things make a big difference or any help you guy can give me?

Thanks alot

you no what i did today that i probably should of did a long time ago but didnt just because they said so? WELL as you may no the RF amps and others have remote bass knobs well when they installed them for me they told me that they are behind the panels ans they were turned all the way up. So yesterday i decided to go look at them and to my suprise they are only turned up MAYBE a 1/4 of the way up. I was like wtf. so i turned them maybe 3/4 way up and **** did that make one heck of a difference. Now i can only imagine what it would sonud like in a ported box. i had to turn down the sub-level bass on my headunit down to like 6 or 7 and the other bass on the headunit to. My girlfriend didn't like it LOL O WELL... and it doesnt distort at all. Do you think i turned it up to high or could i turn it all the way up?

Port it in AT LEAST 4cubes NET @32hz with AT LEAST 40 in^2 of port. WOOT! It will be like night and day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

NG

Bass boost is like a bad friend ...
It may impress you and get you to do all sorts of bad things that you think are cool at the moment, but, in the end, you and bass boost only end up hurting the ones you really love ...
AHAHHA thats so going into my sig.... awesome truely an awesome statment

LOL so im guessing I should turn down the bass boost huh. so if i 1st change to a ported box do i really need any of that other stuff to make a difference. with the way it is right now it flexs my front windshield. not a wholelot but its noticable.

LOL so im guessing I should turn down the bass boost huh. so if i 1st change to a ported box do i really need any of that other stuff to make a difference. with the way it is right now it flexs my front windshield. not a wholelot but its noticable.
something a LOT of people don't with thier boxes for supersubs: BRACING!!!!!

I'm willing to bet that with the power/sub you run that box flexes like a *****, even if you don't realize it. go overkill on bracing and you will not only notice a SQ difference but also an SPL difference.

now that i havent thought of. i no that some peple do use bracing in there boxes and to tell u the truth im suprised my box hasnt fallen apart. i dont think ive mentions this at all in this fourm but not only is it only 2 cubic feet sealed BUT its particle board not 3/4 or 1" mdf board. not to mention that theres a slight spot where i didnt seal it right on the side where a lil air gets out. I dont fix it cuz im waiting on a new box. It sounds coo for now but when i get it done right i want it done RIGHT not half a$$ job.

now that i havent thought of. i no that some peple do use bracing in there boxes and to tell u the truth im suprised my box hasnt fallen apart. i dont think ive mentions this at all in this fourm but not only is it only 2 cubic feet sealed BUT its particle board not 3/4 or 1" mdf board. not to mention that theres a slight spot where i didnt seal it right on the side where a lil air gets out. I dont fix it cuz im waiting on a new box. It sounds coo for now but when i get it done right i want it done RIGHT not half a$$ job.
then ditch all your other ideas and get a real box, you can even stay with sealed and the difference will be mind blowing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.