Do I really need an H/O alternator for 2 12" Orion hcca 2500 watt rms speakers?

i still have no idea what you're actually saying
maybe that an amp run out of specifications becomes unstable? yeah

maybe that the current flow from the power source becomes unstable? no...not really..

the only thing i can gather that makes sense is that low input voltages require higher current draw which is true but there's weird implications in your quote about the lower load on the output of the amplifier being the reason for higher current draws which isnt true. an amplifier designed to make power at 9000 ohms will draw similar current as one at 0.001 ohm provided they're designed appropriately and use the same input voltages. im not going to get into the mitigations that need to be in place for .0001 or 9000 ohms but you get the point

He's trying to sound smart.

The voltage drop is much faster with the big three upgrade. With out the upgrade the drop was much more gradual, from work to home the drive is around 15 minutes and the voltage is still around 12.3 when I get home. with the stereo turned up all he way the entire time. With the upgrade I'll be just getting on the freeway and it'll be at 11.5 and I'll have to turn it down. It's worse when I'm driving on side streets. With out the upgrade it stays above 12 volts and has only once went to 11.9 volts. With the upgrade and the alt installed I'm hoping to keep it at 14.4 volts. I lose 1670 watts when it hits 12.5 volts and ethat's a noticeable difference in sound and pressure. That's why I'm trying to keep it at 14.4 volts.
That's because the wire has less resistance so the amp was capable of pulling the current you just cannot supply the current. I have a 3600.1 and a 1000 watts 4 channel with a small redtop and a 22amp alt. charges at 14.5 drops to 13.2 but only from the lack of discharge rate. a bank of 3000F 15 volt caps i wouldn't even see less than 14. which is my next step.

you alt cannot possibly charge 4 batteries and supply the amp with current. Id sell the batteries get an high output alt and build a 5 cap bank with the new maxwell supercaps with one starting battery and i assure you it won't drop past 13.5

i still have no idea what you're actually saying
maybe that an amp run out of specifications becomes unstable? yeah

maybe that the current flow from the power source becomes unstable? no...not really..

the only thing i can gather that makes sense is that low input voltages require higher current draw which is true but there's weird implications in your quote about the lower load on the output of the amplifier being the reason for higher current draws which isnt true. an amplifier designed to make power at 9000 ohms will draw similar current as one at 0.001 ohm provided they're designed appropriately and use the same input voltages. im not going to get into the mitigations that need to be in place for .0001 or 9000 ohms but you get the point
what he means is simple a highly reactive load presents issues. just like motors lower power factor or power quality. if not IDKWTF he means

huh?
ohms law doesnt change, bro.

14.4vdc x 700a x 1 ohm = 10080watts x .8 (typical class d 80% efficiency) ~8065w~ but we'll just go with a nice rounded 8k

rail volt-amperes needed;

square root of: power (watt) multiplied by resistance (ohm)

2000 x 4 = 8000

4000 x 2 = 8000

8000 x 1 = 8000

sq rt of 8000 = 89.4427va

this is the rail volt-amperes needed to sustain 8000w at 1 ohm driven cleanly, or 4k @ 2, 2k @4,.. etc, etc.

the rail va remains constant regardless of load resistance, thus, the current needed to supply said volt-amperes from the dc input will also remain constant unless dc input voltage or gain changes. more input voltage applied requires less current to attain rail voltage and just the inverse. lessening the gain will require less current as you are dropping the output power.
Ive said for years running at higher loads is a hell of a lot more efficient. if you strapped 2 10ks @ 8ohm per col vs 2 strapped at 1ohm you score WILL GO UP from the lower current consumption.

You ******* idiot. A 1ohm 8k is more effecient at 2ohm. Or are you stupid also?
you are incorrect power consumption of a circuit does no lead to lower efficiency. the power supply is constantly approaching its limit. if the power supply was say 4 to 1 efficiency would be the same. that limitations on hte power supply not electrical fundamentals jackass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.