Do I really need an H/O alternator for 2 12" Orion hcca 2500 watt rms speakers?

Thats because the power supply is creating considerably more current. If the power supply was big enough efficency would be much better.I'm not trying to be mean but its apparant you dont understand how it works.

Think about what I said about the motors.
Efficiency drops as the load decreases. It's as simple as that. I just showed proof

Efficiency drops as the load decreases. It's as simple as that. I just showed proof
The load is the LOAD PRESENTED ON THE POWER SUPPLY WHICH ITS OUTPUT IS NOT LINEAR. IMPEDANCE NOR POWER CONSUMPTION HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH EFFICENCY if i take the power supply from a 10kw amp and put it in a 2500 the efficency will be much higher about that of the supply at 4 ohm in comparison to the 2500s orginal power supply at 4ohm.

If you can't understand that basic concept you need to reframe from miss informing anyone. Its obvious you no nothing about electrical or electronics

You ******* idiot. A 1ohm 8k is more effecient at 2ohm. Or are you stupid also?
you're kinda right, but mostly wrong..

no it's not, you're not really thinking about it from a physics perspective. you're talking about amplifiers designed to allow more power output at lower loads and people pushing them out of their design specifications causing lower efficiency. i hate papermaker but you are spreading misinformation.

the simplicity is in ohms law and the complexity comes in with circuit design but the theory isnt going to magically be broken because one amplifier design is more inefficient at lower loads

If you watch the dyno vids that show amperage you will see the difference. The typical 80% spec is at 4ohm. It's lower at 1ohm. Not much but lower. Then at .5ohm they get into the 50% range.
see my last reply, i added more. you need to think more critically and outside of the box. i dont care if it drops at lower loads. an amp will also drop at higher loads. just stop.

Well... I was out celebrating my win last night and fried my subs. ****. My amp is an hcca 8k wired at 2 ohms so I thought the power was cut in half to 4K, but when I want to look it up its actually a little over 6,100 watts, 1,100 more than what's recommended. I smelled a burnt smell about 4-5 minutes before failure, but thought maybe it was some type of break in and let it go. FML. Live and learn I can get recone kits for these so it won't be too costly. Anyone have any idea on how hard they are to install?

Well... I was out celebrating my win last night and fried my subs. ****. My amp is an hcca 8k wired at 2 ohms so I thought the power was cut in half to 4K, but when I want to look it up its actually a little over 6,100 watts, 1,100 more than what's recommended. I smelled a burnt smell about 4-5 minutes before failure, but thought maybe it was some type of break in and let it go. FML. Live and learn I can get recone kits for these so it won't be too costly. Anyone have any idea on how hard they are to install?
That's called clipping them to death. They would have been fine on clean power.

Yep... Clipped signal. They would easily handle that amp full tilt clean signal.
Set gain with oscope.

Recones are easy. I'd go custom though with better soft parts.
I saw the refines for these, it's one of the reasons I bought them. What are custom recones? How would setting the amp with an O scope make the speakers handle an extra 1100 watts?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif That ***** man ! But you had pretty good numbers.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif That ***** man ! But you had pretty good numbers.
Thanks man. It's my first competition. I noticed all the trunk people had their subwoofers and port facing into the cab of the car with the backseats put down. My port and subs face the taillights and the back of the sub box is pushed up against the backseats with a vertical amp rack in front of that. Basically it's hard for the SPL to go from the trunk into the cab of the car. Did this put me at a disadvantage?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.