do i really need a amp to power my door speakers ?

Factory speakers are usually so bad that the new amp probably won't make them sound any better than the HU. Plus, you're only using them for fill so you don't need lots of power. I would bridge the amp and use it solely for the new speakers. The extra power will do much more good there. Use your HU to power the rear factory speakers and only fade them in enough to give you some fill. The stage should come from the front.

Factory speakers are usually so bad that the new amp probably won't make them sound any better than the HU. Plus, you're only using them for fill so you don't need lots of power. I would bridge the amp and use it solely for the new speakers. The extra power will do much more good there. Use your HU to power the rear factory speakers and only fade them in enough to give you some fill. The stage should come from the front.
i dont have factory speakers in my rear.

i believe they're Alpine Type S, or something....not factory.

i was told to not bridge the amp b/c it puts enough power out at the 4 channels for the Phoenix Golds, so theres no need to bridge.

**** why does everyone seem to have diff advice:crap:....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.