do i really need a amp to power my door speakers ?

Some DudeMan
10+ year member

i bought an amp to power my new front door speakers i'm about to be getting installed(Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs (RSd65cs) 6-1/2" Radial Sd Series 2-way Component System )

since its a 4 channel amp im gonna have it also power my back door speakers.

both speakers are currently being powered just by the head unit.

im asking is it a good idea to have an amp power the front and back component speakers? would it be a lot better than having them both be powered by just the head unit as they are now?

im also going to be having another amp to power my Kenwood subs so i will have 2 amps in my trunk.

is this a good plan or will i like drain all my battery having 2 amps? i already have the 2 amps purchased but now someone is telling me having 2 amps will drain my battery?.....what should i do??:crap:please provide input.

2 amps will not brain your battery

you need to have your car running when you have you set up running loud for a long time

other wise it will drain your battery

its just like if you left your door open overnight, the bulb would be enough of a draw over time to kill your battery

so if you have multiple amps on for a long time, then eventually your battery will drain

Don't amp your back speakers. As a matter of fact, don't even use them.

they call the front speakers the Front Stage because that is where all your mids n high sshould come from and about 90% of what u hear is all coming from the fronts.

Amping them vs running off the head unit-

At first, you may not notice a "power level" difference, but what u will notice is perfect sound quality. You won't get that distortion crap sound at loud volumes, but rather a constant, clean signal all the way up. After a while, if u wish to clip the amp, you can most definitely make your front stage scream at you!

Don't amp your back speakers. As a matter of fact, don't even use them.
they call the front speakers the Front Stage because that is where all your mids n high sshould come from and about 90% of what u hear is all coming from the fronts.

Amping them vs running off the head unit-

At first, you may not notice a "power level" difference, but what u will notice is perfect sound quality. You won't get that distortion crap sound at loud volumes, but rather a constant, clean signal all the way up. After a while, if u wish to clip the amp, you can most definitely make your front stage scream at you!
thanks...now that you mentioned this, i remember someone telling me a while ago not to amp the back speakers. thanks for reminding me before i have it done.

since the amp is a 4 ch amp should i have it bridged to 2 channels, or just leave it 4 channels and only use 2 of them with the front comps?

you're telling me my system would sound better if i didnt even use back door speakers? what about when i have passengers in the back seat? :/ im confused now

i wouldnt mind selling my backdoor speakers along with front door once they're replaced if you're telling me i dont need backdoor speakers....but i dont see how having no sound coming from my backdoor speakers would make my system sound better?

what there saying is your back door speakers are useless.amp the front junk the back.dont keep the back in thou while u have the front one amped cus the backs will still sound horable to the front ones.

that is some of the worst advice i have seen on here, and there has been a lot of that. distortion WILL NOT happen if you amp the rear speakers. it will happen if you do not have the gains set properly or are overpowering the speakers.

what there saying is your back door speakers are useless.amp the front junk the back.dont keep the back in thou while u have the front one amped cus the backs will still sound horable to the front ones.
are you serious? how can you say that when you don't know a thing about his system? this is just as useful as the previous response. this amazing info from someone using stock speakers paired with a mach 5 15".

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

1040p6o.gif

you will not see actual output from that 4 channel amp
what?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

the amps a good amp....im sure its better than having my head unit power the comps, right?

dont just say stuff cuz u never heard of the amp....

Yeah. Have all four speakers running off the amp. It will sound better than having 2 on the amp and two on the headunit, and it will sound better than having 2 on the amp and 2 taken out of the car(?).

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Yeah. Have all four speakers running off the amp. It will sound better than having 2 on the amp and two on the headunit, and it will sound better than having 2 on the amp and 2 taken out of the car(?).//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Thats what i was thinking...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.