Discontinued or rare subs you wish you had

Wonder why SS didn't have the XXX series on the market for long? Any history on them and/or why they disappeared so quickly? Love the look of the subs tho...
Probably because they're junk and they lost their arses on warranty claims when people tried to test out their absurd power handling claims. It's probably the absolute worst 4hp knockoff on the market. Buy a good quality sub like TRF, TSNS, or TC 5200 and put a picture of a spider on it and forget about it.

Go for it. TC2K go really nice ported.
Yeah, I know, 2.6cuft per @ 22hrtz, according to some archived info that I found. Also can do 1.6 per @ 32hrtz.
IMO you'd do best to tune on the higher side unless you're using them for home theater. Tuning them to 22 and they'll play flat down to 15 which is just wasted output if you just want to play music.

Probably because they're junk and they lost their arses on warranty claims when people tried to test out their absurd power handling claims. It's probably the absolute worst 4hp knockoff on the market. Buy a good quality sub like TRF, TSNS, or TC 5200 and put a picture of a spider on it and forget about it.

Funny this is the 1st I've read as far as bad reviews go. Do tell then and explain why than just this as to the discontinuation of them.

Any proof to support your claim? You know, there's a few subs on the market with a ton of rms claims....yet don't see people crying over how their sub didn't handle the claim wattage the mfgr said it was supposed to handle.

Adire Tumult

3425480023_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny this is the 1st I've read as far as bad reviews go. Do tell then and explain why than just this as to the discontinuation of them.
Any proof to support your claim? You know, there's a few subs on the market with a ton of rms claims....yet don't see people crying over how their sub didn't handle the claim wattage the mfgr said it was supposed to handle.
All things equal, even if you assume you're getting same quality steel and the same grade ceramic as one of the more trustworthy brands, you're definitely getting Chinese coils and Chinese manufacturing which is inferior every time period. Assuming you could get a motor and frame for 200$ and build it up with some known quality softparts you might do OK but you're still taking a gamble IMO.

There's plenty of subs that lie about power handling, but 8500W is absolutely absurd and I imagine the sort of company that sells Sounstream doesn't know any better and would actually sell it to someone who intended to do that with it, while a retail store would probably try to steer people clear of trouble situations.

XXX-15, Soundstream XXX-15, Soundstream Woofers, Soundstream 15" Subwoofers
I find it hard to believe that these few online retailers have this particular sub in stock when it's been discontinued for a number of years now.
Why would anybody buy those at the 750$ "sale price" much less the 1300$ MSRP? Of course these aren't selling, you can pick up SP4 from Fi for 460$ + upgrades, or Team series for under 700$ and that's American steel, machined in-house, assembled in house and using American coils.... or the countless other options of strong 4" coil subs out there that are built in-house and use better softparts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.