Discontinued or rare subs you wish you had

I dont know if this was a sales ploy from the rep but back in the day we sold Fultron audio (this was before they turned into Memphis audio) and the sales rep said that they just built a woofer and was in a marketing meeting for it. The rep said that they plugged it into a wall outlet to demo the capabilities of it. They left it plugged in for the majority of the meeting and never burned out. I have not ever tried it but for a woofer to handle 115v @60hz with whatever amperage the circuit could handle, at the time impressed me but I didn't know much about all these high wattage woofers at the time.
D4 wired in series to 8 ohms? Very plausible

I had a pair of Rockford Fosgate HE2 15s like 10 years ago. Young and dumb. Fresh outta high school. These I practically gave them away. New in the box. And I've always wanted the old school Orion HCCA 15s. I remember the guy that had 4 in his pickup and they seemed beastly.

My two choices......

Soundstream DaVinci (any size) .......

davincisubs.jpg

Infinity Kappa Perfect, any size (I actually own two 10.1's still in their boxes)............

6b08a2fa7d5259ca2e0c7558959b9f98.JPG

I got lucky enough to get the subs that I wanted/lusted after, from the old days of realm of excursion. My current tc sounds tc2000 12s. Trying to fight going ported with them, kind of enjoying the real estate that I currently enjoy with them sealed right now.
Go for it. TC2K go really nice ported.

there's a few on sale locally. Should i trade in my hdcs for solo xs? Also might be able to get a pair of TC 5200 18s from zeuslicious.
I wasn't so impressed with Solo X. Apart from wow factor, they're brutal to ship, recone kits are becoming impossible to find, and they really do need a lot of space to work properly. They're not terrible, but assuming you have 10-12 cube to run an 18" you could do a lot better with just about any middle of the road pair of 3" coil 15's.

My old M&M's used to make some noise lol. 4 10s on 2 Coustic 380's, dimming lights
I always wanted the ones with the clear poly cones. I owned Godfather and Rose series and they were very good in their day.

The only one I really missed the boat on was the original CV stroker. They were and still are very good subs. Very efficient, got loud, and could be made to sound quite good. Limited power handling by todays standards but they were way ahead of the curve when they came out.

Stillwater kicker and Kicker are not the same thing.
Your forgetting that Stillwater Designs is the one that started the ever famous Kicker.

But don't you worry....that Gates L7 says "Kicker" on it

I love the XXX basket. Wish I had one
XXX15-488.jpg

Looks like the lovechild of a Ti and 12 spoke claw.

tc91.jpg

+

ouu-s6.jpg

Wonder why SS didn't have the XXX series on the market for long? Any history on them and/or why they disappeared so quickly? Love the look of the subs tho...

Wonder why SS didn't have the XXX series on the market for long? Any history on them and/or why they disappeared so quickly? Love the look of the subs tho...
I'm also wondering, but apparently they're still for sale on onlinecarstereo.com.

That's what EXO has/had walled

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.