Different Car Speaker Sizes for You

MichaelEvanchuk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 1, 2020
United States
When you want to measure car speakers, size matters the first. There are various car speaker sizes for different uses. Let's have a look at the different car speaker sizes and decision is yours which one will be best for your car.

4X6 Speakers

This size speaker is better for your dash and produces good bass and sound for your car audio. It has low frequency and it can boost your car sound easily if you can add external amp with it.

5.25 Speakers

These small size speaker is mostly popular to use around your car's back doors or sometime back dash of your car. They are renowned to produce perfect sound that helps you enjoy your ride properly.

6.5 Speakers

It's bigger than 5.25 and can produce bigger bass output with low frequency. When you are listening music using these size of speakers (6.5 Car Speakers), you will be able to get yourself love with the size. Special for louder sound output.

6X8 Car Speakers

If you are planning to add aftermarket speakers in your car, 6x8 can be the best choice in terms of better sound output and such on. It produces significant sound output, better bass, better sound quality and much more.

6x9 Speakers

It's the bigger size car speaker till now. It has punchy bass, can handle higher frequencies, with in-build tweeter that further increases the speakers sound quality and so on.

There are many other speaker sizes available in the aftermarket. It's up to you what you are going to select depends on your demand, budget, expectation. Hope you will have a good journey.

Which size speaker are you using at the moment? Let me know your opinion

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
You listed 4x6 as "good bass" and 5.25 as rear fill. 4x6 has less cone area than a 5.25.

20 hz bass machine

Danger Ranger
Premium Member
Nov 13, 2019
Aurora CO
Dont know why we gotta hate. I don't think Michael was trying to be deceitful or spread misinformation. Constructive criticism goes a long way. Size alone doesn't decide what a speaker will play well. Granted an 18" sub will play low frequencies much better than a 1" tweeter and most of the time you can saftey assume what a speaker will play well based on its size. That doesn't mean a speaker cant be designed to shine at almost any frequency despite its size.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Weirdest bot ever.

Reactions: Coolhand20th

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Not a person but nothing but a bot as Pop said. Wasn't degrading anyone just pointing out the facts on him. This bot comes back every couple of months and posts BS opinions out of nowhere including on other threads.

MichaelEvanchuk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 1, 2020
United States
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I only use king size speakers.

View attachment 26957
That's great!

You listed 4x6 as "good bass" and 5.25 as rear fill. 4x6 has less cone area than a 5.25.
it's only my opinion

Opinion discarded.
really?

I see our Russian friend is back with more BS opinions!
ahhh!!

Dont know why we gotta hate. I don't think Michael was trying to be deceitful or spread misinformation. Constructive criticism goes a long way. Size alone doesn't decide what a speaker will play well. Granted an 18" sub will play low frequencies much better than a 1" tweeter and most of the time you can saftey assume what a speaker will play well based on its size. That doesn't mean a speaker cant be designed to shine at almost any frequency despite its size.

up to you

If you knew some of the history and posts you would understand mine.
that would be better

Weirdest bot ever.
real human here

Not a person but nothing but a bot as Pop said. Wasn't degrading anyone just pointing out the facts on him. This bot comes back every couple of months and posts BS opinions out of nowhere including on other threads.

as I said real human here

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
3.5", 4x8", 5.75", on and on. You left out a lot of sizes bro.

Reactions: audiobaun

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
Jun 28, 2011
USA
7/8", 3/4",1",1.5,4,6,7,s8s and 10s also and a few others

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds