Design Project Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

KUDesignStudent

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
Hi everyone,

I am a design student currently doing a project for Kicker Audio. I’m working on researching the installation process of car audio systems. I’d like to get some input from enthusiasts on their own experiences. Here’s a few initial questions:

• Would you do the install yourself, or pay to have it done?
  • How much time did your install take, if you did it yourself?
  • Would you say that certain cars are easier to install systems in to?
  • Does the difficulty of the install change depending on components that make up an audio system?
  • Would you need any tools beforehand to do an install, and if so, how many?
  • If you could change anything about the install process, now or in the future, what would it be?

It would be a great deal of help to hear from anybody that can provide some info! Thanks!

I am a design student currently doing a project for Kicker Audio. I’m working on researching the installation process of car audio systems. I’d like to get some input from enthusiasts on their own experiences. Here’s a few initial questions:

• Would you do the install yourself, or pay to have it done? DO IT MYSELF
  • How much time did your install take, if you did it yourself? ABOUT 6 HOURS FOR A FULL INSTALL TO INCLUDE A HEADUNIT, WIRING, SPEAKER AND SUBWOOFER INSTALL, AMPLIFIER INSTALL, RUNNING THE POWER WIRE FROM THE BATTERY TO THE AMPLIFIER, INSTALLING A GROUND WIRE FOR THE AMPLIFIER, RUNNING RCA CABLES FROM THE HEADUNIT TO THE AMPLIFIER, RUNNING THE TURN ON WIRE FOR THE AMPLIFIER FROM THE HEADUNIT, RUNNING SPEAKER WIRES AND SUBWOOFER WIRE FROM THE AMPLIFIER. ALSO INSTALLING THE REAR CAMERA WIRE TO THE REVERSE WIRING IN THE CAR.
  • Would you say that certain cars are easier to install systems in to? YES, SOME ARE EASIER.
  • Does the difficulty of the install change depending on components that make up an audio system? YES.
  • Would you need any tools beforehand to do an install, and if so, how many? SCREWDRIVER, PLIERS, WRENCH, WIRE STRIPPER AND SOLDERING IRON.
  • If you could change anything about the install process, now or in the future, what would it be? NOTHING.

Hope this helps for me having a background in electrical I prefer installing myself however for a beginner it's good to have it installed so you can learn . Also really how custom you want to have your system be.
Hi everyone,

• Would you do the install yourself, or pay to have it done? ---I would do it myself
  • How much time did your install take, if you did it yourself? ---Between picking speaker setup buying and installing about a month.
  • Would you say that certain cars are easier to install systems in to? -- yes a car to me is easier because trunk space where a truck for instance is more difficult to fit everything sometimes.
  • Does the difficulty of the install change depending on components that make up an audio system?-- yes
  • Would you need any tools beforehand to do an install, and if so, how many?---4 to 5
  • If you could change anything about the install process, now or in the future, what would it be?---- custom options available to buy

It would be a great deal of help to hear from anybody that can provide some info! Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.