Design Needed for American Bass XFL 1522 in 3.5 Cubic Ft @ 30 Hz Enclosure Slot Port

nyoc
10+ year member

Vehicle : 2006 Dodge Stratus

Location in the vehicle: Trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 22" x 36" x 22"

Subwoofer make and model: American Bass XFL 1522

Subwoofer Size: 15"

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot

What type of music do you like?: Rap

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: A little of both

Tuning Freq (Hz): 30

Volume : 3.5 cubic feet

Questions: Thinking about doing sub up port back

I will be using 3/4" MDF with a double baffle. I would also like to get a cut sheet if this isn't asking too much. I tried doing this on my own with WinISD and a couple of other programs but I can't seem to get it just right. If you have any questions, please ask here or pm me please. I will pushing his with a Skar 800.1

I can tell you what I did that's just really really close to your trunk build but it is a aeroport round Port design for 2 Sundowns

I would go 35 wide 21 and a half deep and 16 High use a 6 by 10 aeroport from Parts Express it's tuned and exactly at 33 Hertz and you're right at 3.98 cubic feet

That's Precision Dimensions providing your subs will require between 1.75 and 2 cubic feet each you will be slamming with that specs don't worry about the hassles of vented ports just go with a simple aeroport design cutout of 8 1/4 Quarter inch hole between the subwoofer cutouts after you center the subs Slide the port in screw it in

Just realize you're using One 15" it should still work if that's sub requires between 1.75 and 2 cubic feet ported and you can point the sub up and Port back put the port to the very far right and put the sub to the left. It's all still relevant regardless of 2 12" or 1 15"

All that matters is Port dimensions lining up with the SUB port requirements and cubic feet of box if you build a box to those specs you'll be right at 3.98 cubic feet just make sure that the sub requirements give you at least between 3.5 and 4 cubic feet Max

Vehicle : 2006 Dodge StratusLocation in the vehicle: Trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 22" x 36" x 22"

Subwoofer make and model: American Bass XFL 1522

Subwoofer Size: 15"

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot

What type of music do you like?: Rap

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: A little of both

Tuning Freq (Hz): 30

Volume : 3.5 cubic feet

Questions: Thinking about doing sub up port back

I will be using 3/4" MDF with a double baffle. I would also like to get a cut sheet if this isn't asking too much. I tried doing this on my own with WinISD and a couple of other programs but I can't seem to get it just right. If you have any questions, please ask here or pm me please. I will pushing his with a Skar 800.1
I can hook you up with a cutsheet. Pm me.

Thanks, from what I have seen it requires 3.5 cubic feet. Someone has actually given me a very nice design. Thanks for the input.

This is what I recommended on caco

e4d51d19587484d100a812af2005a722.jpg

5bbee8f95726630fc0115e8ed381272b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm a noob to the box building with same design could I shorten the width to 32 and make the depth a little deeper and still have the same specs my measurements are 32 Wide 26 Depth 16 Height max need help understanding and I really wanted to be tuned a 32hz

I'm a noob to the box building with same design could I shorten the width to 32 and make the depth a little deeper and still have the same specs my measurements are 32 Wide 26 Depth 16 Height max need help understanding and I really wanted to be tuned a 32hz
Also depends what kind of music you listen to. Anywhere from 30-35 Hz. is the ideal tuning.

How did this setup work for you? I am about to build for the same sub and be running approximately the same power but in a 2012 chevy cruze. I was going to do sub firing rear though instead of up. I was toying with the idea to face upwards but read a few different places that it would cause more rattling with little benefit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.