Design help dead zone

Participant count
  • Participant list

bopo668
10+ year member

JerryRig
tex
ok hey i have some questions i have this box designed for my single cab ford ranger. i was wondering if that bottom left part of my box is going to a dead zone because the port is so close to it the line represents the ports length or if i moved the sub down and the port above it would it be more efficient if you need more information just ask

details

8" sub

4" aero 22" long

Box1.jpg

box1dem.jpg

That placement will have no effect on the sound. If you were to move the sub down above the opening of the port that could cause a problem with port/sub interaction.

To answer your question, no there is no dead zone.

What I was saying was that the only problem you can have in a ported enclosure when it comes to design like that is that if the opening of your port inside the box is right next to the sub. Otherwise, answering your original question there is NO dead zone inside a box. In a properly built enclosure all the air inside is common and changes pressure with the movement of the cone and has very little effect on efficiency. I think having the port on the bottom would be best for clearances on your port though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.