Deadening the doors and good installation

SCT6

I have CDT HD-63 Braxial components with the TW-19LP Enhancement kit. I plan on putting the image enhancement in the a pillars faced towards the windows of course. The HD-63s I would like to put back in the door and face diagonally towards the front of the car. Is dynamat good for deadening the doors and what would I have to do inside the door panels to make the best install possible. I want everything to be clear as possible so this includes the doors. I have a 1997 Saturn Sc2 if this would help any of you in anything. Thank you!

Dynamat makes a door kit that mounts around the speaker. This will signifigantly reduce panel distortion. I hav'nt checked the other brands so you may want to just in case there are cheaper alternatives.

yes, the cheaper alternatives are great. I've had extensive experience with second skin products...work great. Plus ANT is a great guy...and will give forum members here a discount. peace

NG

Applying a thick layer of damping right behind the speaekrs is what I did. Dunno if it's doing much good, but I'd like to believe that it does. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I got some fatmat from ebay, came to like $130 shipped for 100 sq ft with fatscrub (lol) cleaner, a fat roller, and a fat knife. I have an expedition - it's on my liftgate, under the carpet behind the 2nd row seats, and front doors. I still have to do the rear doors, and under the first 2 rows of seats... drastic difference from that alone.

if you think that helped, wait'll you try the firewall and wheel well. It'll make a world of difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hey southprk

how is the roller and blade fatmat gives you?

I was thinking of adding a free roller to each sale, but am not sure.

ANT

hey southprk how is the roller and blade fatmat gives you?

ANT
ANT,

Fatmat also offers different blades and rollers that you can order from them. The nicest one is $7, but at Home Depot I'm pretty sure it's closer to $4-5.

Including a roller is nice ... I wouldn't do a utility knife because most everyone has them, and they're only a buck or five to pick up one. Again, it all boils to down to how much money you'll loose/make off of it.

- Steve

hey southprk how is the roller and blade fatmat gives you?

ANT
Hey if ands or buts, I need some deadening material and you live close. From the looks of it you sale the stuff right? Hit me with a private message about what kind you carry, how much, etc. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.