DD9512G vs DC level 5

I wish you could hear my 4 9515 then tell me they sound hollow....i think not. Just remember DD has produced subs with way bigger magnets than the current 95's but why add the weight if its not needed. DC is also a nice sub from the looks of it and what thor has accomplished. Tuan is right DD has the lowest profit margins using the most USA parts that can cost a good bit more. Also CNCing the top and bottom plates in USA is more than a casted china top and bottom plate. Either way you should be good but the cheapest route is recone the 9512 or put the 9512 in 3.5 cubes and let it wang. By the way a 9515 will work fine in 3.5.I just dont think your gonna see a significant gain in going to the lvl 5 over the 95. What amp you running??
I'm sorry to say but I would say I am 99% sure that Acoustic Elegance uses just as many US made parts, including hand machining all top and bottom plates and pole pieces in house as well as doing the finishing touches on the cones. The only things not from the US in their subs are the baskets and magnets, even the spiders are US made. Also, their profit margins I am pretty sure are lower as their subs are less than half the price of DD. The AE subs also have the lowest measured distortion I have seen, it is just ridiculous how clean they are, I wish they were more popular as they definitely deserve to be.

I'm sorry to say but I would say I am 99% sure that Acoustic Elegance uses just as many US made parts, including hand machining all top and bottom plates and pole pieces in house as well as doing the finishing touches on the cones. The only things not from the US in their subs are the baskets and magnets, even the spiders are US made. Also, their profit margins I am pretty sure are lower as their subs are less than half the price of DD. The AE subs also have the lowest measured distortion I have seen, it is just ridiculous how clean they are, I wish they were more popular as they definitely deserve to be.
Thanks for the info did not know this

sounds good let us know....what you tune it too?? What vehicle?? How much port??
99 ranger regular cab with a blowthrough. Enclosure is 4.8@38ish with 81in^2 of port. I put it in two days ago on just one 3000d @ 0.5ohm and it's very impressive so far. I'll put up a log whenever I get the second amp in and get some scores. Should be in a couple weeks.

Oh and dd is not that expensive really if you know the right people and also alot of dealers mark them up alot so the impression is that they are very expensive

99 ranger regular cab with a blowthrough. Enclosure is 4.8@38ish with 81in^2 of port. I put it in two days ago on just one 3000d @ 0.5ohm and it's very impressive so far. I'll put up a log whenever I get the second amp in and get some scores. Should be in a couple weeks.
Sounds like a winner man

DDs cones coils and spiders are superior.. althought the AV does sounds great.. DD isn't direct.. i know dealer cost on all there stuff and i promise you there not greedy..
I can pretty much guarantee you that DD and AE use coils from teh same company, Precision-Econowind, DD's coils are not higher quality, they just use 3" coils compared to AE's 2" or 2.5" coils.

I can pretty much guarantee you that DD and AE use coils from teh same company, Precision-Econowind, DD's coils are not higher quality, they just use 3" coils compared to AE's 2" or 2.5" coils.
DD uses there own coils.. they also use a glue that no-one else uses... the glue they use is extremely expensive and has to be baked..

DD uses there own coils.. they also use a glue that no-one else uses... the glue they use is extremely expensive and has to be baked..
Somebody knows his stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Tuan

I had a 9512G and it never got stinky and hardley even warm even if I clipped it. I had it in a 3^3 box which was kinda big...but still wanged. It bottomed out kinda easy though because of the big box. kinda wish I got it reconed to an 18

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.