DD9512G vs DC level 5

I know nobody buys msrp but since we're not supposed give out prices that are given to us on here. Like ppl said they give different ppl different prices and im not gonna throw anyone under the bus

Well i think you should throw in the warden for consideration, im sure its close to the DC lvl 5 in price if you talk to IA or a dealer, and they can handle crazy wattage.

Well i think you should throw in the warden for consideration, im sure its close to the DC lvl 5 in price if you talk to IA or a dealer, and they can handle crazy wattage.
so can the lvl 5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I only have about 4k watts to play with and I was just reading on the warden and RIO says it starts moving with an atomic 5k so thats a little out of my range. Im not competing just need something to play good and last and to impress ppl

so can the lvl 5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
the level 5 is great but the motor simply doesnt compete with the warden if you ask me, i mean just look at it. the thing is made out of incredible materials.

i personally dont like the way they sound. all the dd i have ever heard sound hollow of some sort. also there price is through the roof. there a good sub ill admit for numbers but for daily they sound weird to me. just my .02
I wish you could hear my 4 9515 then tell me they sound hollow....i think not. Just remember DD has produced subs with way bigger magnets than the current 95's but why add the weight if its not needed. DC is also a nice sub from the looks of it and what thor has accomplished. Tuan is right DD has the lowest profit margins using the most USA parts that can cost a good bit more. Also CNCing the top and bottom plates in USA is more than a casted china top and bottom plate. Either way you should be good but the cheapest route is recone the 9512 or put the 9512 in 3.5 cubes and let it wang. By the way a 9515 will work fine in 3.5.I just dont think your gonna see a significant gain in going to the lvl 5 over the 95. What amp you running??

I wish you could hear my 4 9515 then tell me they sound hollow....i think not. Just remember DD has produced subs with way bigger magnets than the current 95's but why add the weight if its not needed. DC is also a nice sub from the looks of it and what thor has accomplished. Tuan is right DD has the lowest profit margins using the most USA parts that can cost a good bit more. Also CNCing the top and bottom plates in USA is more than a casted china top and bottom plate. Either way you should be good but the cheapest route is recone the 9512 or put the 9512 in 3.5 cubes and let it wang. By the way a 9515 will work fine in 3.5.I just dont think your gonna see a significant gain in going to the lvl 5 over the 95. What amp you running??
3.5 for a single 12? Do you think 4.8 is too small for a pair of the 9512Fs? They're going to be on 2 sundown 3ks.

3.5 for a single 12? Do you think 4.8 is too small for a pair of the 9512Fs? They're going to be on 2 sundown 3ks.
No they work fine in smaller boxes I prefer a larger box if it can fit....also with a sd 3000 on each thats plenty of air space lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif They just seem to get real nasty in 3.25 to 3.5 cubes from my experience

No they work fine in smaller boxes I prefer a larger box if it can fit....also with a sd 3000 on each thats plenty of air space lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif They just seem to get real nasty in 3.25 to 3.5 cubes from my experience
Ok well I built the box already so I was going to try it no matter what haha. We'll see how they handle it soon enough.

Michaellane PM sent

OP The lvl 5's work extremely well in smalller enclosures. I have my lvl 5 10's sharing a common chamber of 2.5 or less before displacement.

As far as comparison. The DC's peaked 3 hz lower on a direct swap over AQ and DD. They have a nice smooth and heavy bass response and are amazingly sensitive to music. They are also not as peaky as the DD's are. Both are great subs but for the money I'd go with DC all day.. Although I am biased on my opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.