DD9512G vs DC level 5

DD uses there own coils.. they also use a glue that no-one else uses... the glue they use is extremely expensive and has to be baked..
I'm not sure if the AE glue is the same, but is isn't a regular cheap air dry glue. It also needs to be baked before it finishes curing. John talks about it in a thread about how to properly break in a driver.

"All of our coils are dipped and baked at 550F while curing. When cured they will withstand temps up to around 600F. Low power levels simply don't create enough heat to have any effect. No matter how slowly you bring the temperature up, it's failure point will be the same.

Standard wound coils from china are not baked at all. The windings are wound into an adhesive and allowed to air dry. These adhesives will typically fail around 375F. You can break the driver in for 10 years at low power and the glue will still soften and begin to let go when you finally reach 375. "

Anyway both DD and DC make very nice drivers. At that level of performance I'd go with whatever company you feel wil give you the best customer service or peace of mind. Personally If I did an SPL vehicle I'd probably use a DD driver or a Warden if I could get them for a good price. DD has alot of previous success and I think the motors on the warden is very special and it seems to be a well engineered driver.

99 ranger regular cab with a blowthrough. Enclosure is 4.8@38ish with 81in^2 of port. I put it in two days ago on just one 3000d @ 0.5ohm and it's very impressive so far. I'll put up a log whenever I get the second amp in and get some scores. Should be in a couple weeks.
I'm up just about 1 db with the 9512s at 0.5ohm vs the XLs at 1ohm on one 3000d, in different boxes though. Both setups peak at about 40hz in my truck. On music sealed up did a 145.2 and in the kick did a 150.2 on BME click. **** reg cab trucks.

I'm up just about 1 db with the 9512s at 0.5ohm vs the XLs at 1ohm on one 3000d, in different boxes though. Both setups peak at about 40hz in my truck. On music sealed up did a 145.2 and in the kick did a 150.2 on BME click. **** reg cab trucks.
with different boxes and power levels it's really hard to tell what differences the subs change made...

with different boxes and power levels it's really hard to tell what differences the subs change made...
Exactly. The XLs were awesome subs but it was time for me to try something new. I'd love to get my hands on some LV5s some day.

I'd personally go with the DC lvl5 over a DD any day. DC's customer service is a lot better than DD, and DC doesn't care if you use your subs in comps. DD refuses to warranty anything if they think you used it in an SPL competition.
i've never had a problem with customer service from DD,I do more damage demoing then i do in the lanes,plus DD will help you out " IF " there is a problem believe that

Yes DD will warranty anything that is thier fault....DD does not sponsor either. Either way seems that DC is a good company but so is DD but people always bad mouth DD.DD is not as easy going on warranty on things that people have broke themselves like some other companies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.