hey all im new...could use some help

JLfan94

hey all im new here and i have a 1998 chevy blazer 4 door I currently have 2 JL Audio 12w0's in there sealed box that I bought from them online. I'm looking to upgrade now and want a little more sound but still retain the quality. I would like to stick with JL. I was looking at the w6's. How would 1 12w6 in their sealed box sound in my blazer. The w0's are great starters but this car audio stuff gets addicting lmao

thanks guys

I will do some research on that. But on another note JL has been good to me along with my buddies and the customer support it great to me! I blew my w0's once and they replaced them for shipping costs. I'm impressed with these but just looking at what people thing of 1 12w6 or 2 10w3's in my blazer. Any other opinions out there. Thanks answer for your help

Note: I realized I said sealed in my original post but just realized that they do offer the 12w6 in a H.O ported box. I would get that. Reviews?

Sounds like u have ur mind made up.
JL is expensive for what they offer. Tons of stuff is better quality for lesser price.
I dont really have my mind set as too what Ive been looking at. Im mainly asking what type of improvement am i gonna see to one of these from my w0's? Do you have any recommendations as far as brand or specific subs?

thanks all

I dont really have my mind set as too what Ive been looking at. Im mainly asking what type of improvement am i gonna see to one of these from my w0's? Do you have any recommendations as far as brand or specific subs?
thanks all
You can build a ported box for those subwoofers to get more output. You can prob get louder with 2 12" W0 rather than 1 12" W6. But good brands to look at are Sundown SA Series, FI SSD series or Q if you want to up power, AQ SDC 2.5s, DC Lvl 3s, RD Classic Series, RE SE....

You can build a ported box for those subwoofers to get more output. You can prob get louder with 2 12" W0 rather than 1 12" W6. But good brands to look at are Sundown SA Series, FI SSD series or Q if you want to up power, AQ SDC 2.5s, DC Lvl 3s, RD Classic Series, RE SE....
Hmmm I totally overlooked the fact that I could use these subs in a custom box. That actually would probably be a much better option for me to go before I buy anything else. Not a bad idea. Do you know where I could get exact dimensions for a ported box for these subs? Theres a forum on here right for that? I have no clue how to find the dimensions out myself but building it wouldn't be a problem. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Realm of Excursion - Powered by vBulletin

One of the other famous CA sites. They have an enclosure section. Tell them more specifically what you are looking for there (type of music, sound quality vs loudness, etc...). There used to be people that would handle that for free there, but you might need to offer like $10. It's usually a pretty friendly place there, so you should be able to get great feedback either way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.