DD Z Series Build Log

It's hard to say, the column style motor helps cool the coil a lot more than standard designs. I think if you set your gains where you wouldn't be clipping at all and were smart with the volume knob, you'd be fine. On music you'd probably be seeing half that power at most.
I was planning on an HD8k on both of mine and eventually moving up to an 8k per sub.
Alright, cool. Thanks for your help and suggestions!

It has the red pole piece. Pretty sure it has a 4" coil.Here are two FS threads where my sub was labeled as a a 9912z. The 99 means 4" coul and 95 means 3" for DD products, right?

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-classifieds-old-replies-only/485637-f-s-pair-spl-beast-dd-9912zs.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-classifieds-old-replies-only/461190-f-s-dd-9912z-real-beast.html
Just a little side note on this..

1st gen were silver, 2nd gen came in 2 versions and you will know because 1st version of the 2nd gen had black poles and 2nd ver of 2nd gen had red poles.

Neither of the 2nd gen came with the 4" coil as it was mainly a proto for the 1st gen.

1st gen were silver, 2nd gen came in 2 versions and you will know because 1st version of the 2nd gen had black poles and 2nd ver of 2nd gen had red poles.

Neither of the 2nd gen came with the 4" coil as it was mainly a proto for the 1st gen.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up

sorry but gotta say those shorts are ****, lol, nothing like doing a manly thing such as reconing a bad azz sub in some **** short shorts with slightly hairy legs sticking out of them lol.

I think you've got it backwards there, the first gen were the black motors and the second (current) gen has the silver motor.

sorry but gotta say those shorts are ****, lol, nothing like doing a manly thing such as reconing a bad azz sub in some **** short shorts with slightly hairy legs sticking out of them lol.
Lol I was thinking that pic was taken back in the 80's

I was going to ask about the shorts, but realized it was probably just a pic posted and not him.

The guy in the shorts is from another country. I'll post a link to the video in a sec

Wall the bish, be done.
Just walling the front off with some 9512's on my next build and making a solid wall behind the seats too

Damn. That limits power a lot. Would a Taramps 8000 HD be too much for daily power??
Implying that a 4" coil would take 8KW continuous power.

That box is a disaster. You'd be far better off working out of the corner if you don't plan to use the passenger seat anyway.

Implying that a 4" coil would take 8KW continuous power.

That box is a disaster. You'd be far better off working out of the corner if you don't plan to use the passenger seat anyway.
I know the amp won't put out 8kw of continuous power.

I know the box is a disaster, I had to throw it together quickly. I don't always do work like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.