DC lvl 3 problem

Yea, I know what the bass boost on the headunit. Its got like 2 settings right?
Thats still not the place I'm talking about, In the main menu where you can turn the beep on your headunit off, set your clock, and all those other things. The main menu, you can only access it when your headunit is in standby mode.
How do i get into stadnby mode, just got the hu, and ya, the bass boost has 2 settings on the hu like l2 or l1 and off

How do i get into stadnby mode, just got the hu, and ya, the bass boost has 2 settings on the hu like l2 or l1 and off

Theres a button to switch from the radio to a cd, I think it might say mode on it or something, But just push it until standby comes up. Bottom right of the cd player maybe?

Theres a button to switch from the radio to a cd, I think it might say mode on it or something, But just push it until standby comes up. Bottom right of the cd player maybe?
when i go into standby i can do 3 things things, sb oem sb 4/5 and sb 6x9

when i go into standby i can do 3 things things, sb oem sb 4/5 and sb 6x9
Thats pushing in your volume knob right? If so thats not the main menu. Theres another button you have to hold down for about 3 seconds then it goes into the menu. It could be the same button for the bass boost.

Thats pushing in your volume knob right? If so thats not the main menu. Theres another button you have to hold down for about 3 seconds then it goes into the menu. It could be the same button for the bass boost.
ok brb agian lol

ok, i got into that menu what am i looking for nothing about sub in there

ok, i got into that menu what am i looking for nothing about sub in there
Just came out to my jeep, in that menu when you go down a few options there should be one that says swpre r. if you go over it will change to swpre sw.

That will give you the option now to change your sub lvl.

Just came out to my jeep, in that menu when you go down a few options there should be one that says swpre r. if you go over it will change to swpre sw.
That will give you the option now to change your sub lvl.
yep, got it so can control sub, but it still bottoms out =(

If the sub is bottoming out you're simply giving it too much power for the box it's in, or you're playing too far below tuning and it's unloading on you. The 15" lvl3 is a better sealed box sub anyways. High qts, high vas, low fs = good sealed sub, from my experience. Put something like that in a normal sized ported box and you'll get a sort of peaky response with a somewhat lacking low-end, in most cases.

Try going back on the gains on your amp and turning the sub lvl up a little. There could be a few things causing the sub to bottom out. Like to much power with to big of a box, or just loose suspension.

Try going back on the gains on your amp and turning the sub lvl up a little. There could be a few things causing the sub to bottom out. Like to much power with to big of a box, or just loose suspension.
not understanding what your trying to say, go more or less with gain

If the sub is bottoming out you're simply giving it too much power for the box it's in, or you're playing too far below tuning and it's unloading on you. The 15" lvl3 is a better sealed box sub anyways. High qts, high vas, low fs = good sealed sub, from my experience. Put something like that in a normal sized ported box and you'll get a sort of peaky response with a somewhat lacking low-end, in most cases.
but the kid i bought it from had it in same box, and on a hifonics 1000 watt, and it slammed, no clipping or bottoming out intill i put it in my truck?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.