DC lvl 3 problem

SpedBoy
10+ year member

Well, i just bought a dc lvl 3 15 in a 3.5 cubic foot box used, kid i bought it from it sounded great very loud, well, its loud but im having a little issue, i have a audiopipe 1800d and for some reason i turn the gain up more than 20% and i can smell it cooking, i know its 1800 watt rms, but why only 20%? i know those take at least 600? any help here, its wired at 1 ohm by the way

i didnt know giving that sub triple its power was safe...
lulz id be impressed to see that amp actually put out more than 1400watts.

plus he said its only turned up 20%.

OP if your aat 20% and smell smokin but barely have the HU turned up check your wiring on the sub

if the sub is newish, DC often has too much glue on their voice coils ive noticed. i bought a few subs from them, and for the first month they both stunk like that. id just turn it down for a little while n let it cool down.

told you it wasnt a knob i am the kid that sold it to him

i had it running on 1000 rms @ 1 ohm and it only smelled a little if i was constantly bumping

i also say its clipping the S@#t out of it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.