DC Level 4 XL Box Build.

I'm a little slow with my getting my pics up but here's the sub. I dropped it in momentarily and it sounds amazing. The box is getting covered within the next couple days and I should be bumping by Monday.

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

So it did a 142.3 @ 38hz and I have a couple questions. When I was building I cut my hole 1/4 inch too big and i thought since all the screws gripped I'd be okay but now I notice it's leaking in one spot, would it be worth it to cut that out and make an adapter ring or how much could I be losing from that leak?

try using some foam weather stripping in the area where the leak is. Might give ya that little bit extra to seal the gap. If it's just a very small leak I doubt you are losing too much.

there's actually a little one on each side, it's just when it hits hard i feel a burst of air come up around the edges, it's not a lot, but enough to notice with my hand there.

Definitely seal it as best as you can. If it takes routing it out and making a new ring for it to sit in, you might have to. Think of it like the sound of running a sub in free air compared to a proper box....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.