Daisychain Remote wires on amps? possible?

I noticed mine is SPST and not SPDT. Still would work right?
Yes.

Also there's absolutely no reason to use 30A fuse for remote turn on wire. I'd say 5A is more than adequate and yes, a relay is the proper tool for the job if you're trying to turn on more than 1 or 2 things from the head unit. I've used a transistor before as well, but they're so small, get a relay and some female spade crimp connectors (or solder and tape) and call it a day.

Yes.
Also there's absolutely no reason to use 30A fuse for remote turn on wire. I'd say 5A is more than adequate and yes, a relay is the proper tool for the job if you're trying to turn on more than 1 or 2 things from the head unit. I've used a transistor before as well, but they're so small, get a relay and some female spade crimp connectors (or solder and tape) and call it a day.
Only have two amplifiers but want to run a relay anyway just because and if I decide later to run more its already in place just need to upgrade fuses. I want to fuse the battery wire going to pin 87 with a fuse. Do you have to fuse the individual remote wires going to pin 30 also? What fuse ratings should I use?

No. i said "i use a standard blade fuse rated to the wire used". the 30 is the the number of the pin on the relay. Battery source goes to pin 30(where the fuse needs to be), 87 goes to remote on your amps.
im my situation, i use 18 guage wire, and 3 amp fuses a lot at work. so thats what i used.
I should have quoted this one.

the fuse holder is right.. But you can use Female insulated connectors on the same blade fuse instead of a holder for pennies..
You just left it open ended. I was making sure it didn't come across that OP needed to use a 30amp fuse for this. That was clarified already, that he doesn't.

Wired it up. Female insulated spades on a 2 amp mini fuse on the relay power wire. Maybe seeing and hearing things but the lighted logo on my RF 501bd appears brighter and the bass appears to be louder?

Not sure if I want to ruin it for ya, but that's just a placebo effect. Its just a switch. Its like replacing the light switch and thinking your light bulb is brighter when all the switch does is turn it on, and not power it. The remote-in is just an on/off switch for the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.