Help with amp going into protect

Participant count
  • Participant list

buckeyes#1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
p-town
Digital designs M4 amp played fine when i purchased . hooked everything back up amp was in protect soon as power was turned on , my 4 channel amp running off same electrical no issues , i unhooked rca's speakers, and remote jumper power to remote still went into protect , i sent the amp in for repair , kevin messaged me yesterday with a picture nothing wrong with the amp with video of it playing fine ? wtf is wrong here 2 grounds to chassis voltage was at 12.7 (same voltage he had testing the amp) what do i need to look into with my electrical causing the protect any ideas and or thoughts ? any suggestions thanks btw 3 xs power 3400 agm 0 gauge wire all fuses check ok with volt meter

Are the subs leads all correct?.. I'm reaching here, but maybe they're crossed or marked incorrectly?.. even the speaker leads touching somewhere?... wierd

nothing hooked up but power and ground , like a battery has a short or maybe when i bolted the amp down imma just lost on this

Some amps are pretty sensitive about grounding properly and securely. Also will happen if the voltage is too low.

Also check for corrosion in your power/ground wire. I've seen amps go into protect when that happens too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just confusing had amp mounted to the sub box for years no issues , redo the setup move the amp now I have problems , I think I'll check grounds and bolt amp to a piece of wood then to the floor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.