Cutting A-Pillars for Tweeters

sigh i wanna put another set of mids in ym car so bad but it will take so much surgery, and there would be no going back

you actually probaly could of gotten away with two sets of tweets.. odds are theyll have a highe sensativity then the mids because of location and reflections

Maybe it was just the crossovers or something, but they sound fine to me, since I can adjust all those settings anyway.
quality of install > quality of speaker

(within reason)

I personally would never put 3 sets in the A-Pillars because of them bouncing off the glass, but that is just me. I had one set of JL tweets in the dash of an s10 and bounced right off the front windshield and were one of the loudest setups I have had as far as tweets.

Put those some tweets in a door and the loudness was not even close as before.

The windshield makes them so much louder.

dont use gorrila glue, it foams out the seams and makes install look like crap, i learned the hard way, and just cut your holes small, and then just test them and cut and test and cut untill there snug, dremels work good, i used a wire snips a file, power tools > me

Could have had cancellation issues in the doors. Mine swivel inside their mounts, I can still aim them.
Who me? I had swivel mounts for my tweets.

Never had any cancelation issues with them either. Just didn't like the way they sounded compared to many other sets I have had.

If they work for you, then that is good. I wish they sounded good to me as I got a good deal on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.