Cutting 3/4" MDF

i use a circular saw because not everyone has a table saw. with a circular its a bit harder to get the whole thing square but it still works. yeah check and see if the blade is dull or maybe you are trying to cut the wood too fast which may burn the wood

I use a circular saw and a jigsaw, but I have a steady hand and can do very straight cuts. I have used table saws, but I usually dont have the help that is needed to cut an 8x4 sheet on them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I dont walk out of Lowes/Home Depot before they make the cuts I need to assemble a box. Just have all the measurements you need in advance. The first few cuts are usually free and additional cuts are relatively cheap. The only time I do my own cutting is with rings or things that require shapes.

I dont walk out of Lowes/Home Depot before they make the cuts I need to assemble a box. Just have all the measurements you need in advance. The first few cuts are usually free and additional cuts are relatively cheap. The only time I do my own cutting is with rings or things that require shapes.
a lot of people here havent had much success having them doing it. maybe the guys in your area just care more.

looks like my blade is dull then. I'm gonna try cutting again tonight and hopefully all goes well. Wish me luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

na dude. do it by hand with a hacksaw. it is the straightest and fastest for sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

it may not be that the blade is dull, but the fact that you are cutting it to slow, too fast would not cause it to burn the edge, to slow would , and obviously with a dull blade you cant cut it as fast as you would with a sharp blade

I would suggest getting a carbide blade for it, I have heard that MDF will dull a steel blade to no end very quickly.....

My .02$

-Ryan

P.S. I agree with ^^^, it does sound like you are cutting too slow.

Tried using a different circular saw and it was much much better. I tried my jigsaw as well and I get a lot better results for that, so I'm just gonnna use the jigsaw from now on. I'll post pics of the box when I'm done. I just need to seal it and put screws on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.