Current system way too loud, help me downsize

kevin25
10+ year member

Michigan
Right now I have my system up for sale which consists of jl 12w7, jl 1000/1, jl 300/2.

This is just way to loud for my taste and I never turn it up.

Can you guys please suggest a nice 10" sub setup to me with box.

Right now I have a alpine 9887 and jl comps in the front no rear fill.

Should I fill the rear and get a alpine pdx 5 channel? But what rear fills and what 10" should I go with. I am looking for a good space saver in the trunk

Will I really wanted to just have one amp instead of two. what about any of these 10" Subs?Jl 10w7

SSa icon 10"

Alpine type r
the first two are nice choices. Not sure how a type R got into the mix though.

Fi Q is another to consider. Also look into Image Dynamics and Ascendant Audio.

Ok so the Fi Q or the ssa icon 10" it is down too. What sealed box should I go with and what amp should i puch either one of these?

i say an idq, get the pdx 5 which will run the sub on the sub channel perfectly and then save the extra channels until you feel comfortable going active and then do so.

just keep the set up you have. add a bass boost to your system. when i had my bass boost put in i was able to turn it all the way down and it would take more bass out of my system at that volume level than if i didnt have one.

also, having a system like that is tight as hell man. just get used to it for a lil while before you make a decesion.

All you're really doing here is trading your 12 for a 10... not much of a downsize. I thought you were trying to get by with only one amp, no?
Your right not really a downsize at all. That setup is still going to be really loud. I was just looking for a way not to spend too much money as my amp is not selling right now.

I would just like to get one amp for the comps and sub, but should I just keep my jl 300/2 for the comps and just buy a seperate amp for the sub? I will need some help picking out this stuff if this is the right option. I still need a sub box for a 10" sub, a 10" sub and an amp to drive it.

That is why I need your help here guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.