Crossover settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gunk

CarAudio.com Regular
Ohio
Im setting up crossover on amp for a couple Beyma 8s. The 8s have a freq. response of 65-6k hz.

The proper setting on my amp would be to set the hpf at 65hz correct?

Just wanting to make sure.

Attachments

• img_9691.jpg
    img_9691.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 192
Your gonna have to listen to them and see how you like it. You could start at 65, but depending on how much power your giving them, you might have to bump up to 80 or even 100... just listen for the distortion or bottoming out

Your gonna have to listen to them and see how you like it. You could start at 65, but depending on how much power your giving them, you might have to bump up to 80 or even 100... just listen for the distortion or bottoming out

Thanks.

I assume these will take a "break in" period before they are working at their best. Should I avoid giving them max power during this period? They are rated at 250 RMS.

If I'm not supposed to give them full power for a while, was wondering if I should wait to hook them up bridged to ensure they don't get too much power too early.

Thanks.

I assume these will take a "break in" period before they are working at their best. Should I avoid giving them max power during this period? They are rated at 250 RMS.

View attachment 19423

If I'm not supposed to give them full power for a while, was wondering if I should wait to hook them up bridged to ensure they don't get too much power too early.
Personally I dont think it matters. Just set your gains clean is what matters. No clipping. Just listen to the speakers, they will tell you if they are straining or not. You might set your HPF at 100 for the first week and get a feel for the speakers and how they sound, then lower the HPF and listen for signs of stress.

When I ran 8" midbass in my doors, I used the HPF on the radio, on rock it would stay at 63, rap I would bump it up to 80. But if I didnt have the sub installed I could drop it down to 50 but not turn it all the way up

Personally I dont think it matters. Just set your gains clean is what matters. No clipping. Just listen to the speakers, they will tell you if they are straining or not. You might set your HPF at 100 for the first week and get a feel for the speakers and how they sound, then lower the HPF and listen for signs of stress.

When I ran 8" midbass in my doors, I used the HPF on the radio, on rock it would stay at 63, rap I would bump it up to 80. But if I didnt have the sub installed I could drop it down to 50 but not turn it all the way up

Was just playing a 80hz test tone at about 30% power. Was checking for rattles and such in the door. All of a sudden the sound just changes from being clean to sounding like its garbled or underwater.

Did i do something wrong here? Is it bad to play a test tone for 30 seconds straight?

I think this speaker just died. Merry Christmas to me. Lol.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.