Screen goes blank when headlights turn on

Participant count
  • Participant list

Francisko303

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just installed a dual double din deck with android auto in my wifes car everything seemed to be working fine were taking a trip at night as sooned as we turned the headlamps on the screen goes blank can anybody tell me why the music stays playing i just lose all controls of radio and screen installed in 08 honda pilot

Sounds like it has something to do with the DIM wire. It's supposed to dim your headunit screen when turning on headlamp so maybe if you cut that wire, it'll work like normal.

Dual is not a quality brand so it could be the actual headunit or a wiring issue. If it was just the screen going black I would say it's a wiring issue with the dim feature but not being able to control the radio makes me think it's a defective unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.