Crossover near Resonant Frequency?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cossix

I have Focal 6.5" components in the front and 6x9 coaxials in the back. I am trying to figure out the best frequency to cross over my front woofers and am having some difficulty because the listed Resonant Frequency (Fs) is about 94Hz which seems high to me. I have been told that the high-pass filter for this type of woofer should be about twice the Fs. I am worried that if I cross the fronts at 200Hz, I may be losing some impact. They're Focal, so they already trade impact for accuracy and a 200Hz high-pass may make them sound a bit dull.

I have yet to install my amp so I can't mess with individual channel crossovers, but does anybody think 200Hz is a bit high of a filter for a 6.5"? I will be upgrading my sub to an 8" Focal firing directly into the cabin, and my rear coaxials have an Fs of about 56Hz so I can always cross them over at 100Hz and be happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.