Lithium or AGM

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
Hey guys,

I am finally getting my electrical system up to par. I am planning on getting a Mechman Elite 320amp and some batteries before my upgrade to a SCV-7500D. Now I know some people say this or that about lithiums so i'd really prefer people who have used or use lithiums experience with them. I'm considering getting something like two Northstar SMSAGM220s or like a Limitless Lithium 45ah.

Not sure which would be better in the long run, not chasing numbers. It's going to be mostly an SPL oriented daily system. I really like the lithium due to the massive weight reduction, i just dunno what I'm giving up there. Thanks m808s

I'd just try the mechman, dedicated ground runs, and a replacement AGM and go from there

You could do 2 banks of caps for less than a lithium and I bet that'd be enough unless you wire at .5

I'd just try the mechman, dedicated ground runs, and a replacement AGM and go from there
You could do 2 banks of caps for less than a lithium and I bet that'd be enough unless you wire at .5
I was always told batts>caps. replacement agm?

Definitely depends on how much VALUE you put on weight and space reduction.

With 320a of alt...even at .5ohm you could get 25ah and be fine.

I will say across the board the results will vary... ex amp seen mb3 @ .5 on stock alt 15ah lith hold 13.8 all day

I see 12.5v with a 25ah

I was always told batts>caps. replacement agm?
As in the biggest AGM that fits instead of your current battery

There's a lot of misconceptions about caps, so I'm not surprised you've heard that. I could probably remove both my batteries and go with 5-6 banks of caps instead and have better voltage

From a cost standpoint I'd go caps in your circumstance, you'll still get the weight savings

As in the biggest AGM that fits instead of your current battery
There's a lot of misconceptions about caps, so I'm not surprised you've heard that. I could probably remove both my batteries and go with 5-6 banks of caps instead and have better voltage

From a cost standpoint I'd go caps in your circumstance, you'll still get the weight savings
I dont NEED the weight saving, I just liked the benefit of that with the lith, as for cost, I'm very flexible and willing to be patient to get something good. hence the mechman

I’d do dual alts before batts.
The way I'm planning on doing it is like this.

HO Alt

Upgrade front batt to AGM

Add necessary battery to the rear

Get 1 of my Zv5 18s

Get the 2nd and Recone them both with NSv3 or NSv4 Spiders if possible.

Get the amp

Finish system

So basically I should get a 2nd HO prob another 320 before running the 7500D?

I run 600+ amps of alt power with no front batt,6 banks of a caps and a 40ah Juicebox lithium in the rear on 2 sundown scv6ks wired at .35 each....lowest I drop is 13.8 after about 4-5 songs of straight demoing

I run 600+ amps of alt power with no front batt,6 banks of a caps and a 40ah Juicebox lithium in the rear on 2 sundown scv6ks wired at .35 each....lowest I drop is 13.8 after about 4-5 songs of straight demoing
That doesn't really answer my question, but good for you I guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.