Cranky Type-X HELP!

It gets hot sometimes but it doesnt usually matter if its hot or not. It will randomly not work or cut out when ive been playing it at a low volume or even not playing at all 0 volume and i will hear the thump of it cutting out.
clean the grease off your ground and re try

ok so i ohmed it out at the box and i got 2.2 I have the amp settings at 30 hz and 0.1-10v.
According to the manual you should have the gain selector to 1.0-8.0v, your headunit should be at least 2v. I would turn the subsonic filter to off as well, the dial should be at 80hz. Is the light on the amp red or blue?

According to the manual you should have the gain selector to 1.0-8.0v, your headunit should be at least 2v. I would turn the subsonic filter to off as well, the dial should be at 80hz. Is the light on the amp red or blue?
Its blue I have never seen a red light on. Im guessing that means protect mode? I will switch it and see what happens. I dont know where the head unit voltage would be from tho.

Its blue I have never seen a red light on. Im guessing that means protect mode? I will switch it and see what happens. I dont know where the head unit voltage would be from tho.
It does, or low/high voltage. Head unit voltage comes from your alpine. That Alpines output voltage is 4v so you should be set at the 1.0- 8v setting. If your voltage was less than 1 then the other setting.

I might have just found the problem when checking the grounds. My rca wires run by where i have my grounds under the carpet panel. It looks like a screw might have cut open the insulation and corroded the wire. But whats weird is I tried a new set of those just in case that was it. I waited for it to happen and then I plugged the new cables in and it still wasnt working but maybe thats cuz i never gave it a chance to reset.

I might have just found the problem when checking the grounds. My rca wires run by where i have my grounds under the carpet panel. It looks like a screw might have cut open the insulation and corroded the wire. But whats weird is I tried a new set of those just in case that was it. I waited for it to happen and then I plugged the new cables in and it still wasnt working but maybe thats cuz i never gave it a chance to reset.
Try running rcas out in the open above carpet just to test, and check voltage of rcas. If possible take a picture of your amp settings and the pros on here will tell you a rough estimate on where to set things. EASIEST way google how to set your amp find a good guide and go from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.