Low subwoofer output. Wiring problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok, so i have a minor problem with the bass part of my system. I have 12" MTX Terminator subwoofers hooked up to a matching 1200 watt amp. They have performed admirably for the last 5 months and have always been able to impress my neighbors if need be. Recently i unhooked the amp from the power, ground and turn on lead, so i could remove the encloser for more trunk space. It was only out for 2 days, but when i re-installed it, I noticed a huge drop in overall bass in my car. I tried everything i could think of to bring the bass back,(reconnecting power, checking all the wiring, reattaching ground, even buying new RCAs) but the subs still seem to not be as powerful as they used to be. Im almost positive there is not a problem with the subs themselves because ive checked them over and over and not found any problems. If anyone can think of any possible ways to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated. I just want my mirrors to shake again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Thanks

well, they werent out of phase hahah i found the problem. The gain control knob had somehow come a little loose and it did actually turn up the gain when you moved it. i just pushed it in a little and now my subs work fine again. thanks for the suggestions anyway. now i know that could be a problem if this happens again

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

'didnt'

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.