tdog333

USA
My setup right now is as follows :

Toyota Land Cruiser 1999 SUV

Rockford Fosgate PRIME R500-1 Amp

Pioneer DEH-4300UB

1 Alpine SWR-1243D 12" sub Wired to 2 Ohm 500W RMS

2x Kicker KS600 installed in front doors

2x Rockford Fosgate P165 (to be installed in rear doors)

Rockford Fosgate R250X4 Amp (to be hooked up soon and what my question is about)

I understand everything about hooking the amp up except how to hook it to the head unit. From my understanding I:

1. Hook each speaker up to a channel on the amp with speaker wire.

2. Run my power wire (w/fuse) to the battery, and my ground wire.

3. Run my RCA's to the head unit. But what wire do i run to my head unit to give it power, a REM wire or something? Probably a dumb question but if someone can make sure I understand everything that would be great!!

Some background : I am taking the factory amp out and installing a new 4 Channel Amp, I'm not using any of the factory wiring, I'm running new wires to each of the speakers and head unit.

Also, I was looking at the specs for my amp again and just noticed it is 2 ohm each channel and 4 ohms bridged i think? my speakers are all 4 ohm load. So will this be a problem?PRIME Amplifiers - R250X4 - Rockford Fosgate®
You will be fine. Since you are using all 4 channels, you won't be running bridged. In normal mode the amp needs a load that is 2-ohms *or higher*. Your speakers are 4-ohms, so all is well.

the amp turn on wire is actually blue/white stripe. Only time its blue is if you have a cheap deck or something from 10+ years ago. Solid blue is the wire for power ant control. Like jepalan said you will be fine running 4 ohm stereo. As for the rca connections run one set of rca's (rear/sub) to sub amp and one set of rca's (front) to 4ch amp. Select 2ch input on the amp and that will allow 2ch input to run all 4 outputs. Then select sub output instead of full output for the rear rca's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.