Correct way of wiring to Amps?

boola1341
10+ year member

VA
I have a 2002 Z28 Camaro. I'm going to run 2 amps....one amp to highs and mids and the other amp to 2 Audiobahn Aw1200Q 12 inch subs. Currently I have 0 gauge wire running from my battery to the distribution block in the back. For the remote wire whats the best way to hook both amps to it. The amps I'm using are Planet Audio.....1900 watts on subs and 600 on mids and highs. My deck is a Clarion vz409 with 3 sets of 2 volt preamp outputs. Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated. Also what size circuit breaker/fuse should i use.

One more thing. When grounding the Clarion headunit can I use the same ground wire the factory deck was hooked to

For the remote wires I just run the main one from my deck into one amp then just put another piece from that amp terminal into the other. I am sure there are other ways to do it but that is what I do. I think you can use the same ground wire as the factory deck. I always worry about interference through your speakers but I think that is more heard through your rca cables. I know I have a lot of engine whine that I need to get rid of. I have seen people ground there rca's out on there deck to get rid of this.

just run it to the back... pinch a butt conector on it.. then put 2 wires in the other ends of the butt connector and pinch it down and you got a Y.. walaa.. you can do 3 or 4 or 5 this way.. just whatever you need

just run it to the back... pinch a butt conector on it.. then put 2 wires in the other ends of the butt connector and pinch it down and you got a Y.. walaa.. you can do 3 or 4 or 5 this way.. just whatever you need
eh, you don't want to run too many amps off the head unit, you can draw too much current and damage the HU. If your running more than 2 or 3 amps it's better to use a relay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.