Coolest sounding tunes, songs, artist for listening on a high end system? Advice?

Shpongle - Are you Shpongled? is a good album It's psy-ambient (trippy) music. Don't forget the lsd! When you are done with that, move on to Tales of the Inexpressible and then Nothing Lasts.

Elton John's Rocketman helped nail down some funky notes I didn't know i was having a problem with until I tried it out (i listen to psytrance mainly)

Here's one that should be in every audiophile's collection - Jennifer Warnes' Famous Blue Raincoat. It's the cleanest CD I've ever heard.

Of course you gotta like female vocals and Leonard Cohen's music to appreciate it.

the michael jackson history album is one of the cleanest recordings i have heard (but i dont listen to a lot of jazz or old school stuff like the others hear). if you want something heavy with lots of drum and bass, look up some tunes by helicopter showdown. their mastering is among the best ive heard

If you want to try some music unlike you've ever heard before, check out some Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. Their recordings sound great with lots of percussion, fiddle, distorted guitars, etc. Of Natural History is phenomenal; In Glorious Times might be a little more dynamic.

Good luck!

The Eagles "Hotel California" from Hell Freezes Over. Iamdynamite "Hey Girl" there is some clapping on it that makes my mid really come alive. Awolnation "Sail". Katie Melua " Piece by Piece. any of Band of Horses. Nora Jones. Michael Buble. Peter Gabriel.

pink floyd sounds really good loud and the intro to welcome to the machine is rather intense for being so old, I don't think they thought about what subwoofers would evolve into I'm sure back then it sounded totally normal, now it sounds ungodly loud and low!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.