Connecting remote wire for powered sub?

Just clip, tape, and ignore all those blue PAC wires. Wire direct to Sony's blue wire. Those PAC wires are for when you wire to an oem unit that has no remote out.
I SO want this to be the right answer. At this time the four blue and blue white wires are connected together so when you say clip, are you saying cut off the copper so they aren’t really connected (like if I just taped each one off individually)? And this includes the blue wire from the metro 40? Or do I just pull out the blue white from the head unit and leave the others connected as is?

Or do I just pull out the blue white from the head unit and leave the others connected as is?
The blue wire from the head unit will be connected direct to your amp/sub combo, if you have a retractable antenna, it will also be wired to this same wire. By clip I mean cut off any exposed wire and tape them to prevent them from contacting any ground source. Do not use any of the blue PAC wires and no need to wire them to each other.

The blue wire from the head unit will be connected direct to your amp/sub combo, if you have a retractable antenna, it will also be wired to this same wire. By clip I mean cut off any exposed wire and tape them to prevent them from contacting any ground source. Do not use any of the blue PAC wires and no need to wire them to each other.
Thanks. Why do I have the urge to just tape all five wires together? Is that suicide?

Anyway will give this a shot tomorrow. I don’t have a retractable antenna but, the metra 40 antenna adapter was part of the required package so it must be doing something? I assumed it was needed so the antenna works at all.

No, it is not suicide to splice them all in one. All have the same function, which is to provide remote turn on for amps, antennas, eqs, actuators, dsps and any other gadget your imagination may conceive. It does this by sensing the signal that your speaker outputs provide to it. The SAS powered Bazookas had a problem of turning off when playing music on low volume using this method. Luckily the techs provided a bypass as well to use a remote of your choice.

No, it is not suicide to splice them all in one. All have the same function, which is to provide remote turn on for amps, antennas, eqs, actuators, dsps and any other gadget your imagination may conceive. It does this by sensing the signal that your speaker outputs provide to it. The SAS powered Bazookas had a problem of turning off when playing music on low volume using this method. Luckily the techs provided a bypass as well to use a remote of your choice.
You’re saying that the bazookas might turn off at low volumes at low volumes if all five spliced together? And I’m not sure what you mean by the bypass line? And would you connect the blue white from Sony and blue from metra antenna and blue from bazooka and tape off the two wires from pac?

You’re saying that the bazookas might turn off at low volumes at low volumes if all five spliced together? And I’m not sure what you mean by the bypass line? And would you connect the blue white from Sony and blue from metra antenna and blue from bazooka and tape off the two wires from pac?
So your'e connecting Bazookas? I like those. Do not use the PAC blues at all, just use the blue Sony to the blue Bazooka and no shutting off will occur. IIRC, the Bazooka will not use the speaker sense method if it senses power in the blue wire. That is the built-in bypass.
FYI, powered Bazookas sound good, but if you use an external amp, they sound fantastic.

So your'e connecting Bazookas? I like those. Do not use the PAC blues at all, just use the blue Sony to the blue Bazooka and no shutting off will occur. IIRC, the Bazooka will not use the speaker sense method if it senses power in the blue wire. That is the built-in bypass.
FYI, powered Bazookas sound good, but if you use an external amp, they sound fantastic.
The instructions say to remove the auto turn on loop if using the remote wire. Are you and Espinoza talking about that as far as bypass?

And can I confirm that I don’t need the metra antenna wire connected at all because otherwise I bought that part for nothing.

And can I confirm that I don’t need the metra antenna wire connected at all because otherwise I bought that part for nothing.
The instructions say to remove the auto turn on loop if using the remote wire. Are you and Espinoza talking about that as far as bypass?

That is probably it. I would have to check the wiring harness on my Bazooka to confirm. I thought it was an all in one kit that you purchased.

That's strange, in my experience blue and white from the head unit is usually power antenna, and solid blue is remote. Worst case scenario you can always grab amp turn on from a 12v power outlet/cigarette lighter plug.

Thanks for all the help guys. Got up up this morning and gave it a shot. Ended up tying all blue wires and seems to have worked. Excuse the mess but here is a pic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.