Tweeter speaker wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Carl Over

CarAudio.com Newbie
I replaced one tweeter as a trial in my car with a factory Bose system. Since one tweeter sounded much better, I decided to replace the other. 🤪

Does it make a difference how the wiring is connected to the speaker terminals? The new tweeters a terminal marked red. I’m not sure which wire I connected to that on the drivers side. Looking at the Bose factory speaker, they connected the wire from the R side of the female connector (looking at it head head with the T flanges located at the top) to the cap. I did the same with the driver side.

If the wiring is not consistent side to side will the speakers be out of phase? I’d rather not have to take out the driver side but will if the wiring must be consistent. Thanks in advance for the help for the help.

Reasonable guess is the factory cap would be on the positive wire?
Factory wiring is blue wire and blue with black stripe.
Blue wire with black stripe went to the cap on the Bose factory tweeter.

Last edited:
Blue with stripe is positive after testing with multimeter. That is the portion of the wiring that had the Bose cap on it.

Thanks to everyone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.