confused on what amp to get?

Participant count
  • Participant list

alex_321

Ok so im finally upgrading my stock speakers to alpine type r's. I am going to have 5.25 alpine speakers in the front and type r 6x9's in the back. the 5.25 rms at 90 watts and the 6x9 rms at 100 watts. my question is do i need to get a 4 channel amp that RMS's at atleast 100 watts per channel or would a smaller amp that RMS's at 75 watts per channel would be ok. Thank you for your comments. also i was told by a bestbuy salesman that underpowering the speaker can damage it. i dont believe that and just believe hes trying to make a buck. let me know

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It looks like you have the wrong connections. The head unit uses one amplifier to amplify 2 to 4 of your speakers. You are using 2 amplifiers...
Yes. I do not fully understand the question, but if the manufacturer suggests such a big port, it is probably because it has a high QTS. If it...
Dayuuum!! LOL. Going CHEAP sometimes doesnt pay..LOL 💩 💩
Hey guys I'm new here I'd like first and foremost that I'm not greenhorn but I haven't been an installer for 10+ years either. So the issue I am...
You can always get a bridgeable 4 channel, too, instead of a massive 2 channel.

About this thread

alex_321

alex_321
florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
AQHDC3