Pioneer DVD deck question

go5a

Canada
Hey all,

I just bought and installed the pioneer AVH-P3200BT. My brother in law bought a no name deck from ebay that does all the same things essentially. In the no name deck's brochure it says that if you want constant video on the display to connect the brake wire (that allows only picture when ebrake is on) to the ground wire. We did that and it works fine. Could the same thing be done with the pioneer?

Thanks for any replies

some models are
neg trigger

pos trigger

alternating ground trigger

find out what one your is an you will know if u can
Not quite sure what to look for. The only thing I know is it has one wire that is supposed to "crimp" onto the underside of the pull brake somehow. I haven't hooked it up yet

Pioneers made it little more difficult than grounding the parking wire. cause it has to turn the parking wire on AFTER the unit has been turned on.
Pioneer Bypass Automatic Hack AVH-P3200BT AVH-P3200DVD - eBay (item 180568859238 end time Nov-29-10 15:59:38 PST)

$10 bucks. it's hooked up to 12v relay. 3 wires to connect. looks easy as hell.

Hope this helps.
Won't ship to Canada. Would this be the same with a toggle

NO TICKETS BYPASS | Pioneer AVH-P3200BT AVH-P3200DVD on eBay.ca (item 180485070040 end time 18-Dec-10 10:53:39 EST)

Just go to Radio Shack and buy a $3 relay. Then wire the positive to the wire coming out of the back of the deck and then ground the other to spots on the relay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.